mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Slant six / hans rey H factor feedback

I'm looking for a 26 x 2.35 summer use (dry to moist soil ) trail tire,and I'm willing to sacifice a little weight for durability.I was going to pop for a set of SB8,but I'd like to get a little more traction when the trail gets damp.
    The h-fators are attractive as I can get a killer deal on them,but theres not alot of feedback on the tire ??
    Thx...
    Last edited by AMCAT; 05-14-2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: new title

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by AMCAT
    I'm looking for a all condition 26 x 2.35 spring-fall trail tire,and I'm willing to sacifice a little weight for durability.I was going to pop for a set of SB8,but I'd like to get a little more traction when the trail gets damp.
    The h-fators are attractive as I can get a killer deal on them,but theres not alot of feedback on the tire ??
    Thx...
    I would not consider any of the three all condition tires. I do like the H-Factor for varied dry terrain. Great cornering grip.

None of the three have much center tread depth, either, so wear can be relatively quick.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    I would not consider any of the three all condition tires. I do like the H-Factor for varied dry terrain. Great cornering grip.

None of the three have much center tread depth, either, so wear can be relatively quick.
    Shiggy...I changed my post to "I'm in need of a summer condtion tire,dry to moist soil".
    I may just go for the h factor as the price is right,and it may do the trick.Did the h factor not sell well ?? Theres a lack of reviews on this tire...
    Thx...d

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by AMCAT
    Shiggy...I changed my post to "I'm in need of a summer condtion tire,dry to moist soil".
    I may just go for the h factor as the price is right,and it may do the trick.Did the h factor not sell well ?? Theres a lack of reviews on this tire...
    Thx...d
    Lack of supply more than lack of sales. Need to make them before you can sell them.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

May the Force be with you
    Anyone get these tires yet? What do you think of them?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Been riding the Slant 6 for a few months...I like the overall feel compared to the SB8s I've been using for years. They brake and corner well, but did notice they are wearing faster. Will go back to a SB8 soon to compare...once I get the bike fixed/replaced.