mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Secret to mount tires?

trying to install ardrents on the 29er. I cant get the bead to seal. I only have foot pump with presta valves. Ive watched multiple youtube videos and all look "easy". Is there a secret to getting them to bead? I have not added tire sealant yet. Only thing I saw on a video is some plastic piece that they used. Advice?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Place one side of the bead in that middle "chasm" inside the rim. It's there, solely to facilitate tire installation. Using both palms - grasp the tire and use the palms to roll the other side of the tire bead inside the rim. Use zip ties or rope, to prevent the second bead from advancing out, as you round the rim. You Tube has lots of videos, on this method.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbpete
    It looks like you want to INFLATE your tire tubeless, correct? And you want to SEAT the bead, correct? If you're not using a tubeless-ready rim your job will be a little harder. You want to make sure the tire fits fairly tight and that the tire beads are not sitting on the valve hole when you begin inflation. If your tire fits loosely you'll want to try a different rim strip or add a few layers of tape. If you do get a loose tire seated and you do not have a tubeless-ready rim it will be prone to burping with any hard riding.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Thanks everyone for the help. The hard part was trying to get the bead to seat. This morning I built a way to inflate the tire with the air compressor. LBS to far away and amazon wont deliver till Tuesday. With the air compressor contraption Within 5 seconds the tire was mounted. Used a turkey injector to add the sealant through the valve stem. First time is always the hardest but it worked.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk