Team Captain
    Jan 2004

Schwalbe Racing Ralph 29er - 2.35 vs 2.4

Hi all, I'm looking for a high volume lightweight 29er tire. I was interested to try out the RR 2.4 but it seems they are no longer produced. Can anyone vouch for the volume of the new 2.35? Is it similar to the 2.4? Are there any other similarly sized/weighted tires out there?

Thanks in advance for your help.

mtbr member
    My understanding is that the 2.35 is the same volume as the older 2.4.

I'm in the same boat.... Was looking for the 2.4.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    If you want ride quality The Ro Ro 2.25 is smoother than than the Ra Ra 2.4. Volume isn't everything. Last years version has better cornering grip too. Pity they ruined a great trail tire for 2013. Race day only tire now..Bl***dy fast though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post
    If you want ride quality The Ro Ro 2.25 is smoother than than the Ra Ra 2.4. Volume isn't everything. Last years version has better cornering grip too. Pity they ruined a great trail tire for 2013. Race day only tire now..Bl***dy fast though.
    What do you mean by better ride quality and smoother? When riding rigid, volume goes a long way. When cornering, width helps greatly.

I've never tried the RO RO, so I'd love to know if it's all that and give one a try.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Even though Ra Ra is now 127 tpi I think the Ro Ro has still got a lighter casing build so gives a softer ride qualty , especially if you are a lightweight rider.

The 2011/2012 Ro ro is a very good tire if you don't need heavy reinforced tires on your terrain.

2012 front and 2013 rear would be my pick.

mtbr member
    Does anyone know for a fact the 2.35 is the same casing as the 2.4? I'm looking for a front tire lighter/faster than my Ardent 2.4. I have RaRa 2.25 SS out back and really like it, but want something with more volume up front (rigid).

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Schwalbe Racing Ralph 29er - 2.35 vs 2.4

Are you saying the 2013 Ro Ro is tougher than the 11/12 model?

psycho cyclo addict
    Chainlove is randomly putting RaRa 2.4 EVO's up for sale for $38 each the past week or so...

I bought 4 of them last week (shipping was $8 & change for them!)

I have a couple of 2.35's as well but they are running on narrower rims. I'm accustomed to the 2.4's (front tire on Stan's Crest, Flow and similar width carbon rims) and will continue running them as long as I can get them. The Snakeskin variant is stiffer. I actually like the EVO's better myself. Thinner sidewall which hasn't been an issue for me (I have one 2.4 EVO that is from 2009 and still going strong other than the threads becoming visible on the sidewalls).

metrotuned WoS
    I have a pair of rare 29 x 2.35 Super Moto's, low mileage mint. Will trade for 29x2.4 Racing Ralph in folding variant of EVO or Snake Skin.
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout