mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Schwalbe Marathon Plus vs. Dureme?

I am looking to get some new tires, primarily for road use, and wanted to know anyone's experience with these tires. Mostly I am wanting to know if anyone has a comparison between the Schwalbe Maraton Plus vs. Marathon Dureme. I'm not sure if the higher price is worth it for the rolling weight savings. Thoughts?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by DezFX
    I am looking to get some new tires, primarily for road use, and wanted to know anyone's experience with these tires. Mostly I am wanting to know if anyone has a comparison between the Schwalbe Maraton Plus vs. Marathon Dureme. I'm not sure if the higher price is worth it for the rolling weight savings. Thoughts?
    If puncture prevention is your primary need, go with the Plus.

The Dureme will roll much better while being better than most for flat resistance.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Alright, I'm leaning towards the Dureme. Would these be considered a "balloon tire"? (700x35c or 700x40c) Do you know if either would have a problem with fit on a 29er GF Cobia with SRAM X.9 f/r derailleurs? Right now I am running 700x32c tires with no problems. I'm not sure how much larger the 35/40c would be.