the train keeps rollin

No good Schwalbe 2008 Racing Ralph 2.4

It's great Schwalbe offerings keep growing, but who ever is making the calls on what tires get snakeskin or double protection is a KOOK!

The new Racing Ralph is available in a 2.4 size, but no snakeskin. If you are buying a high volume wide tire, you probably need some damn protection.

Way to go Schwalbe, Geeks!
    beaver hunt

The plough
    From Schwalbe website: http://www.schwalbetires.com/node/1785

Devilish grip! Nobby Nic has truly great grip, cornering speed and defies wash-out, which is why so many riders love it! And pros are surprised how it has been possible to have so much grip with such low rolling resistance. The secret is 3 +s: Hi-tech manufacture + an Evo-carcass + triple compound + U-blocks.

New Width 2.4 now with SnakeSkin side wall. Fit for full-on Enduro.

I think they heard you

V.

Expert Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdrifter
    It's great Schwalbe offerings keep growing, but who ever is making the calls on what tires get snakeskin or double protection is a KOOK!

The new Racing Ralph is available in a 2.4 size, but no snakeskin. If you are buying a high volume wide tire, you probably need some damn protection.

Way to go Schwalbe, Geeks!
    b/c the 50 gms the snakeskin adds would cause everyone to start complaining about how come a freakin race tire weighs so much.

Just stick with the 2.25 snakeskins, they're only about 3-4mm narrower.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

the train keeps rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by vmajor
    From Schwalbe website: http://www.schwalbetires.com/node/1785

Devilish grip! Nobby Nic has truly great grip, cornering speed and defies wash-out, which is why so many riders love it! And pros are surprised how it has been possible to have so much grip with such low rolling resistance. The secret is 3 +s: Hi-tech manufacture + an Evo-carcass + triple compound + U-blocks.

New Width 2.4 now with SnakeSkin side wall. Fit for full-on Enduro.

I think they heard you

V.
    I think they're website is jacked up. If you look at the details, the 2.4 is EVO only. I checked their German website as well, same deal, EVO only. They now have nobby nic in snakeskin, no RR..
    beaver hunt

the train keeps rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLightGo
    b/c the 50 gms the snakeskin adds would cause everyone to start complaining about how come a freakin race tire weighs so much.

Just stick with the 2.25 snakeskins, they're only about 3-4mm narrower.
    Their 2.25 tires are more like 2.0, so I need a 2.4 to get a decent width tire. I'm lardass, that needs wide fast tires.
    beaver hunt

Expert Crasher
    Their 2.25 tires are more like 2.0, so I need a 2.4 to get a decent width tire. I'm lardass, that needs wide fast tires.
    My 29x2.25 RR was a bit wider than that. The Evo casing is very nice - not paper thin but supple. Go for it.

Random photos, same fork - but for compare/contrast purposes, best I've got.

29x2.55 WeirWolf LT

29x2.25 Schwalbe Racing Ralph
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

the train keeps rollin
    hmmmm, them 2.25s do look good size. wondering if the 26er version is as wide.

thanks green light go.
    beaver hunt

Expert Crasher
    hmmmm, them 2.25s do look good size. wondering if the 26er version is as wide.

thanks green light go.
    Fairly close I suppose. I ran 26x2.25 UST Alberts that were comparable width. My Flows on the 29er are wider than the 819 rims on my 26" bike so I think the volume on the 29x2.25s benefit from the wider rim.

not so super...
    I rode with a guy last weekend who was running the new 2.4 NN. Looked like a great tire.
    Nothing to see here.

the train keeps rollin
    Schwalbe has their tread design together, they just need more UST and snakeskin offering IMO.

If there were a NobbyNic 2.4 UST, they'd be on my bike, same goes with the new Racing Ralph, it's no longer a semi slick.
    Last edited by snowdrifter; 02-26-2008 at 08:45 AM.
    beaver hunt

Expert Crasher
    same goes with the new Racing Ralph, it's no longer a semi slick.
    are you thinking the Furios Fred - it's their racing semi-slick.