Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Schwalbe 2008 Racing Ralph 2.4

6K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  GreenLightGo 
#1 ·
It's great Schwalbe offerings keep growing, but who ever is making the calls on what tires get snakeskin or double protection is a KOOK!

The new Racing Ralph is available in a 2.4 size, but no snakeskin. If you are buying a high volume wide tire, you probably need some damn protection.

Way to go Schwalbe, Geeks!

#2 ·
From Schwalbe website: http://www.schwalbetires.com/node/1785

Devilish grip! Nobby Nic has truly great grip, cornering speed and defies wash-out, which is why so many riders love it! And pros are surprised how it has been possible to have so much grip with such low rolling resistance. The secret is 3 +'s: Hi-tech manufacture + an Evo-carcass + triple compound + U-blocks.

New - Width 2.4" now with SnakeSkin side wall. Fit for full-on Enduro.

I think they heard you ;)

V.

#3 ·
snowdrifter said:
It's great Schwalbe offerings keep growing, but who ever is making the calls on what tires get snakeskin or double protection is a KOOK!

The new Racing Ralph is available in a 2.4 size, but no snakeskin. If you are buying a high volume wide tire, you probably need some damn protection.

Way to go Schwalbe, Geeks!
b/c the 50 gms the snakeskin adds would cause everyone to start complaining about how come a freakin race tire weighs so much.

Just stick with the 2.25 snakeskins, they're only about 3-4mm narrower.

#4 ·
vmajor said:
From Schwalbe website: http://www.schwalbetires.com/node/1785

Devilish grip! Nobby Nic has truly great grip, cornering speed and defies wash-out, which is why so many riders love it! And pros are surprised how it has been possible to have so much grip with such low rolling resistance. The secret is 3 +'s: Hi-tech manufacture + an Evo-carcass + triple compound + U-blocks.

New - Width 2.4" now with SnakeSkin side wall. Fit for full-on Enduro.

I think they heard you ;)

V.
I think they're website is jacked up. If you look at the details, the 2.4 is EVO only. I checked their German website as well, same deal, EVO only. They now have nobby nic in snakeskin, no RR..

#5 ·
GreenLightGo said:
b/c the 50 gms the snakeskin adds would cause everyone to start complaining about how come a freakin race tire weighs so much.

Just stick with the 2.25 snakeskins, they're only about 3-4mm narrower.
Their 2.25 tires are more like 2.0, so I need a 2.4 to get a decent width tire. I'm lardass, that needs wide fast tires.

#6 ·
snowdrifter said:
Their 2.25 tires are more like 2.0, so I need a 2.4 to get a decent width tire. I'm lardass, that needs wide fast tires.
My 29x2.25 RR was a bit wider than that. The Evo casing is very nice - not paper thin but supple. Go for it.

Random photos, same fork - but for compare/contrast purposes, best I've got.

29x2.55 WeirWolf LT

29x2.25 Schwalbe Racing Ralph

#8 ·
snowdrifter said:
hmmmm, them 2.25s do look good size. wondering if the 26er version is as wide.

thanks green light go.
Fairly close I suppose. I ran 26x2.25 UST Alberts that were comparable width. My Flows on the 29er are wider than the 819 rims on my 26" bike so I think the volume on the 29x2.25s benefit from the wider rim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.