mtbr member

SHOWDOWN!!! - Spesh Roll X + Fast Trak LK vs Kenda Nevegal + SM8

As the title states, I am torn between a new set of tires. I am looking at the combination of Specialized Roll X Pro UST in the 2.2 (or should I roll the 2.0?) in the front and the Fast Trak LK Pro UST in the 2.0 for the rear. The other combo I'm looking at is the Kenda Nevegal 2.1 UST for the front and Kenda SM8 2.1 UST (or should I get the 1.95 UST?). I am between these two because they are two companies I trust and the tires have very good reviews , online and with people I ride with. Currently, I'm riding 2.1 UST Nevegals front and rear. I love them, because they stick really well. They just don't roll that good. And since winter is ending and spring is coming, I figured I'd go with a faster rolling tire and won't need to be as sticky in the rear. So I'm stuck inbetween both combos. Any suggestions and sizes? I ride in the SF Bay Area (singletrack and hardpack fireroads. Some mud.) Also, I plan to ride the same combo at Sea Otter, if possible. Think it will be too muddy? LET ME KNOW! Thanks! Also, any LK users? Compared to the standard model?
    Last edited by Stumpy_Steve; 02-04-2007 at 10:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I just got the Fast Track Sworks LK UST and they're quick but squirly not sure if the Pro is similar. Next ride I'm airing down & see if they feel better. They really roll well. I may try a 2.2 for more cornering & descent stability. Good luck with your choices.