mtbr member

Salsa Skewer v Crank Brothers "split" skewers

Anyone have any input on these two different skewers v each other? Weight? durability? How well they work?

Looking for a new set of QR skewers and I've narrowed it down to these two unless somebody can recommend something better? Trying to stay around the $60 price range

TIA

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    No experience with the Crankies but I've never had much joy with Salsa... mine could never hold the rear wheel well enough, however tight they were. They do seem to get great reviews, however, so YMMV. My best experience has been with good old XT skewers, and more recently with a bargain set of Ellsworth non-Ti skewers I picked up at BeyondBikes for $20.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I just got a set of CB splits, and i am diggin them so far! Don't have much ride time on them yet though. BTW, you can get them off the bay for $39 brand new.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_ja
    I just got a set of CB splits, and i am diggin them so far! Don't have much ride time on them yet though. BTW, you can get them off the bay for $39 brand new.
    O damn thats a good deal, I wonder how they compare weight wise to the Salsa's?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I weighed them before i installed, i believe they were like 106grams.