mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Rubber Queen 2.2 ghetto tubeless problem

Anyone else having this problem?

Just bought a pair of Ruber Queen 2.2 folding with Protection, but non ust, tyres. I've fitted them to Mavic 819 rims, have put a couple of scoops of Stans tyre sealant into each and have inflated them with co2 canisters. Problem i've got is that the sidewalls are leaking air like a sieve!! Not through the bead, but through the actual sidewall.

I've previously run Maxxis Minion folding tyres in this way and they have been fine.

Any ideas?

mtbr member
    Assuming they aren't in any way special, you can just follow all the advices for sealing up the tires that are tough to get sealed. There's been quite a number of posts about this, do some searching.
    That said, I've had great success with my RQs after I wiped off the release agent from the inside of the tires using some alcohol. Try this if other tricks do not seem to work.

mtbr member
    The CO2 may have froze/clunk up the stans causing them to not seal up the porous side walls.

mtbr member
    Oh yeah, I missed the words about CO2. Yes, stan's isn't recommended to be used with CO2 canisters. It could as well be the reason why it wouldn't seal.

mtbr member
    I painted sidewalls with latex primer.