Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,400 of 1713
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bpd131 View Post
    I don't think the regular Fattie's, Non-SL's, come with the DT Swiss star ratchet system. They are spec'd with DT Swiss 360 which I believe is not a star ratchet system, and therefore not upgradable to higher POE ratchet.
    What system is it. I can't find any detail about the 360. I counted the clicks in a rotation and it came out to 20. I figured I over rotated and in must be 18.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Trails View Post
    What system is it. I can't find any detail about the 360. I counted the clicks in a rotation and it came out to 20. I figured I over rotated and in must be 18.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    I have not taken one apart, but I think it is a pawl based system, not star ratchet.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hey Guys- bdp131 is correct, the alloy wheels come with a 360 based hub that uses a 3 pawl design, not a star ratchet. You can't upgrade the engagement like you can with the 240/350 based hubs that come on Control SL 29 or Traverse SL wheels.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Hi, I've just bought a new set of Roval control SL 26" which I think it has dt Swiss 240s internals? The problem is I'm encountering quite high rolling resistance at the rear especially when the thru axle is tighten. The wheels are on a stumpjumper fsr carbon.. May I ask what maybe the problem? Does the wheels hub bearings need to be run in? Thanks.

Formerly of Kent
    That's not Crr.

Pull the freehub off and make sure you have two springs in the hub. And a proper amount of pink grease.

After that, check the bearings. You'll be able to feel any roughness by sticking a finger in and turning it back and forth.

Unless you REALLY crank your QR or TA down, it's almost impossible to get bearing binding in those hubs.
    Death from Below.
    RLTW!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    thank duke. Will give it a try. Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Hey Joe, I may be looking into a used set of carbon rims for my vertex. Just curious before I rely on sellers info. The carbon controls only came in 135/142 and not the 142+ correct?

And the Carbon control SL Come in 135/142 as well as 142+. And I believe that 142+ is NOT compatible with my standard 142mm rear.

Also is there any way to tell the difference without them in hand.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    @machine4321 - Correct- Control Carbon 29 is only 135/142 and Control SL 29 Carbon are available in both, but unless you have an SBC frame, you want the 135/142 version.

mtbr member
    Hey Noapathy,

the spoke you need is a 276mm DT super comp straight pull. Both drive and non-drive on the rear run the same spokes.
    Front is right 251mm super comp and left is 269mm super comp.

Home trails Swinley Forest UK

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    \//
    Last edited by Jennings6; 10-14-2015 at 09:46 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Hi, may I check what is the pink grease you are referring to? I only have some syntectic grease and shimano green grease with me. Took the hub apart and there are 2 springs inside; very thin amount of pink grease which looks like it's drying. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    That's not Crr.

Pull the freehub off and make sure you have two springs in the hub. And a proper amount of pink grease.

After that, check the bearings. You'll be able to feel any roughness by sticking a finger in and turning it back and forth.

Unless you REALLY crank your QR or TA down, it's almost impossible to get bearing binding in those hubs.

Formerly of Kent
    There might be some inside the star ratchets, too.

The pink grease is the "standard" DT grease; you'll know it when you see it.
    Death from Below.
    RLTW!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Thanks..

Just did a test on the spinning. 2 full hard spins with 32t chainring and 11t rear can only last for 46 sec! Where as my friend's cheap novatec hub can last 2mins!! Disc rotors are not rubbing for sure... Really dunno what's wrong... 😢

mtbr member
    Pull that sucker apart and clean it up then re-assemble it. Get a diagram off the interest I need be. I'd use Dumonde free hub oil on the ratchets!

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by Khuancc View Post
    Thanks..

Just did a test on the spinning. 2 full hard spins with 32t chainring and 11t rear can only last for 46 sec! Where as my friend's cheap novatec hub can last 2mins!! Disc rotors are not rubbing for sure... Really dunno what's wrong...
    Just an FYI:

How long a wheel spins in the stand is not really an indication of anything other than how "loose", or broken in, bearings are. Certainly not bearing quality. Mostly just a lack of lubricant.

Spray those bikes with muddy water during the course of a two hour ride and you'll probably be happier.
    Death from Below.
    RLTW!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    @jennings6- where you are in the world factors into available stock. are you in the US or otherwise? And 650b /29, front/rear?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Roval Joe View Post
    @jennings6- where you are in the world factors into available stock. are you in the US or otherwise? And 650b /29, front/rear?
    Texas, 29er, rear.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I have a set of the 29" Roval Fatties. Anyone install their decals? If so, can you post some pics? I am undecided if I want to or not.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    @jennings6- hey I just checked service parts finder and it shows that there is some stock available. Have your dealer search this:
    S153700011
    RIM MY15 ROVAL TRAVERSE SL FATTIE REAR RIM 29 28H BLK DCL

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Looking for replacement spokes Roval Traverse SL Fattie 29 (just to keep on hand if one breaks).

Can you confirm the spoke lengths I need? Thanks. I imagine there are 4 different lengths required given the lacing pattern.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hey- good timing I was just looking at BOM's-
    FRONT RIGHT- DT REVOLUTION, φ2.0-1.5-2.0MM, 14G, L: 277MM, STRAIGHT- PULL HEAD

FRONT LEFT- DT REVOLUTION φ2.0-1.5-2.0MM, 14G, L: 293MM, STRAIGHT- PULL HEAD

REAR DRIVE-DT REVOLUTION φ2.0-1.5-2.0MM, 14G, L: 299MM, STRAIGHT- PULL HEAD

REAR NON DRIVE-DT REVOLUTION φ2.0-1.5-2.0MM, 14G, L: 300MM, STRAIGHT- PULL HEAD

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hey- good timing I was just looking at BOM's-
    FRONT RIGHT- DT REVOLUTION, φ2.0-1.5-2.0MM, 14G, L: 277MM, STRAIGHT- PULL HEAD

FRONT LEFT- DT REVOLUTION φ2.0-1.5-2.0MM, 14G, L: 293MM, STRAIGHT- PULL HEAD

REAR DRIVE-DT REVOLUTION φ2.0-1.5-2.0MM, 14G, L: 299MM, STRAIGHT- PULL HEAD

REAR NON DRIVE-DT REVOLUTION φ2.0-1.5-2.0MM, 14G, L: 300MM, STRAIGHT- PULL HEAD
    That was fast, thanks! Now where the hell do I buy these things? haha

I've spent the last 15 mins since I posted my question to see where I could even find a website that sells straight pull Revs and can't. If I have to go to the shop, I will, but I'm pretty busy lately so ordering online would be nice, even if I have to pay extra for shipping. I just want 2 of each size to keep on hand.

mtbr member
    Hi Joe, thanks again for that part number on.the XD driver for my Control Carbon 29, it was exactly what I needed.

i picked up a set of fattie traverse SL 650b recently, but they came with a 10 speed driver. will the XD driver from the control carbon 29 work with the traverse fattie sl 650b?

Also, how durable are the control carbon 29? I'm about 160lbs geared up. will they work for trail/am use, or are they strictly an XC rim. thanks Joe

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I've searched and can't seem to find a definitive answer... What are the bearing part numbers to replace both bearings in my front Roval Traverse SL carbon wheel? Year of mfg. is 2014. Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    @Alias530- an SBC dealer is probably your best bet for these.

@Erock503- yes that driver will work with both hubs. The Control Carbon rim is a workhorse for sure and will be a great trail riding rim. If you are going to be on the more aggressive side and riding bike parks laps, enduro races, etc. I'd stick to the traverse wheels.

@ChadiMac22- bearing 6804 (20x32x7) and bearing 6805 (25x37x7). These should be readily available from all sorts of suppliers. For reference the SBC PN's are S2025009 and S2025005.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

@Erock503- yes that driver will work with both hubs. The Control Carbon rim is a workhorse for sure and will be a great trail riding rim. If you are going to be on the more aggressive side and riding bike parks laps, enduro races, etc. I'd stick to the traverse wheels.

@ChadiMac22- bearing 6804 (20x32x7) and bearing 6805 (25x37x7). These should be readily available from all sorts of suppliers. For reference the SBC PN's are S2025009 and S2025005.
    Perfect! Just what I was looking for. Thanks Joe!

mtbr member

Excellent, thanks Joe, just what I wanted to hear

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hello, I saw you have posted the spokes needed for roval traverse fatties sl. Would you mind posting spokes needed for aluminum fatties. I've snapped six spokes in the last month even after truing, gonna do a complete rebuild.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    roval joe,

I run a pair of fattie Sl 650b & I'm blown away how they have improved the feel of the bike & did a week in the highlands of Scotland doing big rocky descents, at first I was being careful after laying out a lot of money on the wheels but after a while I just rode & hit things as I normally would, Perfect .. so I have a question, the set up is currently in a Bronson 142x12 I've just ordered a new v2 Bronson & want to keep the wheels in the frame, are there going to be end caps available to let me run my wheels at 148? also do you know the set up i.e 2x3mm & 3mm spacer for the disc or 1x6mm non drive side with 6mm disc spacer? Front is staying 100x15 as I've just bought new forks.

Thanks
    Mark

mtbr member
    Hi Joe, Murphy's law I guess. Could you give me a part number or exact length for a spoke on a control carbon 29? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    @snipes1-650b or 29? Also-where exactly are the spokes breaking?

@steelyUK- Glad to hear you like the wheels. yes, we are working on kits right now, they should be available early next year. To make thing simple we are just going to offer them as complete kits, so you will have some extra front endcaps and spacer if you ever upgrade your fork. We wanted to keep the cassette in the same spot so for 142->148 conversions you will use your existing DS endcap, and a +6mm NDS end cap and rotor spacer. The kit will come with longer rotor bolts. This will also require your wheel to be re-dished 3mm.

@Erock- Front right -280, front left 298. Rear DS - 298mm, NDS- 301mm

rdb
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012

@steelyUK- Glad to hear you like the wheels. yes, we are working on kits right now, they should be available early next year. To make thing simple we are just going to offer them as complete kits, so you will have some extra front endcaps and spacer if you ever upgrade your fork. We wanted to keep the cassette in the same spot so for 142->148 conversions you will use your existing DS endcap, and a +6mm NDS end cap and rotor spacer. The kit will come with longer rotor bolts. This will also require your wheel to be re-dished 3mm.
    Hi Joe,

Any chance these 142->148 conversion kits will be available for the Roval Control 29 Carbons?

Thanks,

Ray

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    @rdb- yessir

mtbr member
    Hi Joe. Can you tell me if the Hubs on a set of 2011 Traverse AL 26ers (OEM) are convertible from quick release to 12 x 142? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Joe,

Will there also be a kit for 142+ to 148?

Thanks,

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I plan on getting the Diverge Expert 2016.
    I'd like to upgrade the wheels to carbon.
    Based on information I have gleaned from the Specialized self-help desk, it seems the following sets of Roval carbon wheels would be compatible with the Diverge:
    -2016 Roval CL 40 disc
    -2016 Roval CLX 40 disc
    -2016 Roval Control SL Disc SCS.

Could you tell me the main differences between those wheels, and which one do you think would be the most appropriate for the Diverge?

Thanks!

lnd
    mtbr member
    Hi Joe,

Sorry if this has been addressed earlier in this extended thread. Are there any current issues with supply of the DT straight pull spokes and spoke nipples used in the 29er wheel builds? It seems that shops are having a tough time sourcing these from Specialized for routine wheel repairs. I'd like to be able to stock up and have several of the various spoke lengths and nipples on hand for the future, but it would seem that these are in short or zero supply. I'm already out over 3 weeks just waiting for replacement of a single broken spoke, which to a customer seems excessive for what one would think to be standard wear/replacement part. For what it's worth, the wheelset in question is a Control Carbon 29er. Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Hi,

I'm thinking of changing the rear 142+ hub to 142 for a new frame without changing the spokes.. Is this possible and what hub will be a direct fit? Thanks..

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    @thumper71- Those are before my time, but I don't believe they are. I cant find any 142x12 PN's for that hub.

@joej- yes there will

@borgey007- from the road guys- "Yes, all three of those wheel sets are compatible with the Diverge. My recommendations would depend on what riding style and tires the rider plans on using, although Id lean toward the Control SL SCS wheels for most riders on that bike.

The CL40 and CLX40 models are the best if you plan to use the bike as a traditional road bike with 23-28c tires w/tubes. The CL level wheels are a less costly option that forgoes the Ceramic Speed bearings, DT 240 hub internals, and lighter weight spokes of the CLX40.

The Control SL SCS wheels would be a great option if you plan to use the bike with 30c or larger tires and/or want to run tubeless tires. They are actually the lightest wheels in the bunch and really good in gravel or off road situations.

Also note that the Control SL wheels use 6-bolt rotors while the 40 models use centerlock."

@lnd- not that I am aware of, but I'll look into it. Are you located in the US or elsewhere?

@Khuancc- spoke lengths will be different for all of our wheels when swapping between 142 and 142+.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Thanks Roval Joe for clearly explaining the differences between the different wheels!

I am going for the Roval Control SL SCS.

But I have 2 more questions (I hope that's OK!):

1. In the description of the wheel hubs for the Control SL SCS, on the Specialized website, it says "QR or 12mm thru-axle end cap".

Does the wheel come with both, or do we choose "QR" or "12mm thru-axle end cap".

2. My Diverge Expert comes stock with Axis 4.0 wheels which uses centerlock. So the stock rotors are the centerlock 140mm (rear) and 160mm (front) Shimano Freeza SM-RT99.
    The stock brakes are Shimano BR-785.

-Are you able to suggest 140mm 6-bolt rotors for the Control SL SCS?
    Shimano doesn't make 6-bolt 140mm rotors.
    -Or maybe I should go with a larger rotor, 160mm, which Shimano makes in a 6-bolt pattern (Shimano XT RT-86).
    Would there be a problem installing a larger rotor on the bike, where stock it came with the 140mm rotor?

Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by borgey007; 11-05-2015 at 09:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Hi Joe, have another question for you. I own the carbon control 29s, and the traverse SL fatties. I've been using finish line grease for a while, and it's worked fine, but recently I tried some pm600 military grease on the pawls and springs. It seemed to work great, but someone posted that Roval doesn't recommend a heavy grease for the dt 350 internals. I guess it could affect engagement and chip the Star ratchet? I degreased it a bit, so there is more noise now, but I was kind of digging the silent running. I haven't gotten skipping, but wanted to be safe. Is there a recommended grease for these hubs? Thanks Joe

mtbr member
    Roval Joe

First off: kudos to Specialized/Roval for making 148 adapters kits to allow riders with 142x12 wheels to keep their existing wheelsets when buying a new Boost frame. I hope other manufacturers follow your lead. It's a big savings to the rider who'd like a new frame but doesn't want to have to buy new wheels too.
    My question is would your end caps be universal? As in, could I use the Specialized kit on my Mavic Crossmax?

Thanks
    Jon

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    @borgey007-
    1.Wheels come with both QR and 12mm TA endcaps.
    2.Id suggest going to 160mm RT-86 rotors if you use the wheels with 6 bolt hubs. They should fit just fine on the bike!

@Erock503- DT pink grease is what we recommend. This is what the DT engineers spec/use on all out their builds.

@jon123- these kits are going to be specific to Roval only.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    @borgey007-
    1.Wheels come with both QR and 12mm TA endcaps.
    2.Id suggest going to 160mm RT-86 rotors if you use the wheels with 6 bolt hubs. They should fit just fine on the bike!
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Hi Joe,
    Quick question about my Roval Fatties SL 650s. The front wheel loses pressure constantly; after a week or so its almost flat. The back loses a little pressure too. Any idea what could be up?
    I fitted the plugs instead of the rim strips and was careful to ensure the little rubber bands were correctly installed on each plug.
    They are my only set of 650 wheels so returning for inspection means no bike for me!
    Im based in Belfast.
    Thanks,
    Donncha.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015

Adjusting play in rear wheel for 142x12mm Roval Hub

Hi Joe,
    I've run into a little play in my rear wheel as of late. In researching the issue, I have only been able to find a serial number in this forum that coincides with what I see on my hub, and I wanted to ask a couple questions before I try to address the issue myself.

1. Can you tell me if the following serial number is indeed a Roval Hub (pictured below too): SP-1342 M. J

2. If this is a Roval Hub, can you point me to where I can find the owners manual for it? I would like to adjust the tension but from taking it apart last night it's clear it's not as simple as the cup and cone adjustment I've done in the past. If there is not an owners manual, can you tell me what type it is (cartridge bearing hub is my guess) so I can research the proper adjustment?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Roval questions?-roval_hub.jpg  

2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2013 Cannondale F29 1
    2013 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2015 Trek Stache 9 29+

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    @donncha- the next things I'd recommend checking are the valves and the o-rings to be sure those are sealing properly. Also, if you get your hands on a new tire to mount up that would be a good way to see if there are some small cuts in your tire causing it to deflate. What type of sealant are you running and have you checked that it isn't dried up?

@spargenc23- the hub pictured is not a Roval hub, it is actually a SBC brand hub. My best guess is that you need to replace the bearings. It is a sealed bearing hub so no adjustments to be made, hopefully a quick bearing swap will get you dialed. Any SBC dealer should be able top sort you out.

mtbr member
    @Erock503- DT pink grease is what we recommend. This is what the DT engineers spec/use on all their builds.
    went ahead and ordered the DT grease. Thanks Joe!

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Thank you Roval Joe for the informative response! Take care!
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2013 Cannondale F29 1
    2013 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2015 Trek Stache 9 29+

Formerly of Kent
    Roval Joe,

Can I order just a Roval Traverse SL Fattie 29er front wheel from an SBC dealer?

-Andy
    Death from Below.
    RLTW!

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast