Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Results 1,901 to 1,960 of 1960
    mtbr member
    Did not find anything in search so forgive if this was asked.

I'd heard that the new Roval Control SL Boost spacing hubs will not fit/work with the new Fox Stepcast fork. Something about the hub flange conflicting with the narrower Stepcast fork spacing.

Can someone confirm this? It was heard second hand but I hope it isn't true.
    R U living to ride or riding to live?

chasing simplicity
    Best to call Fox and ask them. Doesn't make sense unless there's something very unique about the Roval hubs. Btw Fox will sell you the fork direct now, and the '18s are available, just got one (don't have Rovals tho).
    I know what it's like to be dead. "To Die & Live In LA."

mtbr member
    Has anyone here mounted Maxxis 2.8" tires to the Roval 650 38mm wide wheels? I'm curious how well supported the tires are with this wheel set.
    A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Running 2.8s on 31mm IW Rovals. Tire profile looks good, 13psi front 15psi rear, bike handles great and leans over hard no issues.

mtbr member
    May 2017

Roval Control 29

HI!

I got a great deal on a very lightly used wheelset of these. They are 142 but i runt 148 boost on my trek fuel ex 8. There is a boost conversion kit available from specialized so no issues there. But the site says they haveto be redished 3mm. Is this hard? Can my local bikerepair shop do this? Is this hard? Do you have to remove all the spokes?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Trying to figure out if I have tor correct endcaps (I'm thinking I don't) for the wheels I just picked up from my LBS. They are for my 2016 Stumpjumper 6fattie with the fox 34 front forks. I got the Traverse 29 110/148 wheelset and the endcaps in the front wheel are S165900017 and S165900016. Problem is when I clamp the axle down the front wheel binds and when I pull the endcap out of the wheel and hold it up to the fork, the flat surface on the endcap is quite a big larger diameter than the recessed surface in the bottom of the fork. I'm assuming there is a different endcap for the fox fork legs? Could anyone post the part# for me and a link where to buy them please? Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hello Joe

What is the spoke length for a set of 2009 Control EL from a 2009 SWorks Stumpjumper. And does Spec sell just the rim. After many years of use I finally trashed the rear.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

2015 stumpjumper carbon evo expert - roval traverse

I have a 2015 carbon stumpy with 650b roval traverse hubs... the front wheel bearings need replacing could anyone point me in the direction of what bearings I need to replace these pref in UK e... thanks. Jon

mtbr member
    Jul 2017

Front boost conversion

Hi Roval Joe,
    I'm hoping you can direct me correctly. I have an old Control Trail 29 wheelset, and I need to convert the front hub to 15x110. Having trouble finding the right end caps. LBS got me end caps for Control Trail SL -- too big. Please see attached photos for details. Thanks for anything you can do!
    -Dave K

Roval questions?-20170711_104128.jpg
    Roval questions?-20170711_104211%7E2.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Hi joe,

Sorry again for another road question, but curious if any of the current 29er control series could be used on a 2018 (non SCS) Diverge? Does a 12 mm endcap exist for road front axles? Suspect you can't comment on future releases, but lack of a wide carbon control wheelset for the Diverge Launch is surprising. Hard to believe that a clx 33 with a 38 or even 48 mm tire in 650b is credible when the clx 32 description says it was optimized for a 26 mm tire.

BKO
    mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Sorry if this has been covered, but it there an easy way to convert the Shimano hub to SRAM XD driver for my Traverses?

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Roval Joe View Post
    There is an expert carbon Fuse for MY17 that is spec'd with Roval wheels with the 360 hubs.
    Roval Joe - Can you verify that the Fuse Expert Carbon does in fact come with the 360 hubs?

The description on Specialized's website just says: Specialized disc, alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h

It does specify the Roval Traverse 650b, hookless alloy, 38mm inner width, 24/28h, tubeless ready rims and DT Swiss SuperComp spokes, but does not specify the hubs.

Thank you.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy 2
    Cannondale CAAD12
    Niner RLT9
    Salsa Fargo 27.5+
    2018 Niner SIR9 27.5+

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    @Whippet- SBC PN 30017-1100 is what you need to convert these wheels. 135 and 142 hubshell is exactly the same, so no worries there.

@Tarekith- you are looking for a FHB compatible with DT 360 hubs (the three pawl version).

@erict- the wheels will come with standard and torque cap end caps.

@biketango- the new Control SL 29 wheels (25mm inner rim width) will work with the stepcast forks.

@geronimodkj- your local shop can do this- no new spokes are necessary.

@crfnick56- you have the RS torque caps in our wheel. The PN you need is: S125900006

@JonAlderson- QTY 1 bearing 6804 (20x32x7) QTY 1 bearing 6805 (25x37x7)

@kawczynski- apologies, that hub is an OE Spec hub and is not convertible.

@fryeguy- apologies, I need to check with the road PM. I am completely focused on mountain bikes and wheels and steer clear of all things drop bar! Hold tight.

@BKO- what model (alloy or carbon) and year? I can help with a PN after that.

@AVLthumper- that bike model uses a Roval rim, but laced to SBC hubs. Those hubs are not with DT SWISS internals.

@jdgang- 2009 is beyond what I have info available for. It is very doubtful there are still rims available in service to support this. Id recommend calling SBC customer service to double check, but chances are slim.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Joe,

I just purchased some new Traverse SL's from my LBS for XC use and was wondering if it's possible to get the hubs upgraded thru Roval to the Control SL hubs? I have to use a boost adapter for my stepcast fork and would prefer a proper boost hub.

I'm with stupid
    Hey, why no 650b alloy rear rim replacements? I trashed a rim and cannot get buy a replacement hoop though big S. What gives?

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Joe, I am planning on building up a new wheelset using the Roval Control 29 142+ stock rims on there and I was wondering if anyone had the flange measurements so I can order the right spokes before unlacing the hoops?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Hey.
    I have a set of specialized roval traverse 29 wheels off a 2015 specialized enduro elite 29.
    They have a XD driver.
    Would like to know what hubs they are so I can get a standard freehub to run shimano 11 speed cassette.
    Thanks!

BKO
    mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Hi Joe,

Roval Traverse SL Fattie 650b Carbon. I believe from 2016. Can you let me the know the 2015 and 2016 PN, just in case? Thanks.

Silence! I kill you!
    Hey!

The rear hub on 2014 Specialized Stumpy comp 29er has some play in it. I can't quite figure out how to tighten the hub to get rid of it. Is there a tech manual out there somewhere?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    the 2011 Control SL will NOT fit a 2017 Fox SC

Shore slayer
    Oct 2006
    2016 Stumpjumper Elite 29er, Roval Traverse with 3-pawl XD driver (freehub).

Cassette spins in forward direction (clockwise) with very little resistance without the wheel turning. I.e. If I pedal forward, the bike doesn't move. Pawls also sound normal when pedaling in reverse.

I was able to pull the cassette and driver off together and couldn't see anything glaringly wrong. Pawls spring out easily, hub body appears undamaged. I re-installed cassette & driver, then struggled to remove just the cassette. It finally gave way with a loud bang. The cassette does not appear damaged. Neither do the treads on the driver body.

I assume something has failed inside the driver, but don't know how the internals mesh together to be certain. Does this sound like a correct diagnosis? I would rather not buy a new cassette AND driver if it's only one of them that is a problem. Thoughts?

EDIT: figured out it's the "ring nut" inside the hub that is spinning freely. I assume I need a new hub now? Can't find any online complaints of this happening.
    Last edited by ChunkyMonkey; 08-01-2017 at 12:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Roval Joe

Thanks for the update. I really wasn't planning on using the same rims over again. I would love to be able to re lace the back hub to a new rim, but like its been ask before I do not have the flange measurements for the correct spoke length.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

What set do I have?

Hey Joe,
    A buddy gave me a Roval Wheelset and I'm guessing they wont fit my frame (135mm QR) so question is what do I have. Rim tape says 31MM, 28 spoke rear, 24 spoke front. 15x100 Front hub, and 12x??? rear. Rim decals is missing. I assume from reading other posts that this is a Hi-Lo non convertible rear hub. Is the rear 135 or 142? And are they Controls?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Roval questions?-hub3.jpg  

Roval questions?-hub1.jpg  

Roval questions?-hub2.jpg  

Last edited by JARHEAD23; 08-06-2017 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Additional info

Freezer
    Boost hub question: I'm considering the Control SL 25mm inner wheelset for a Pivot 429SL build, which has Boost front and rear. Do the Roval Boost wheels actually have wider hubs with wider spoke spacing, or is the hub spacing the same as non-Boost, but with added spacers to make them fit in Boost spacing? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    They are true boost.

Freezer
    Awesome- thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Roval questions?-roval.jpgDoes anyone know what hubs are on the 2010 roval? Is it still the lower end Hi Lo hubs, I heard some have dt swiss but not sure the year.Roval questions?-roval1.jpgRoval questions?-roval2.jpg

Buying a used set for my gf's bike
    Last edited by ReturnOfTheMTB; 08-09-2017 at 04:59 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Those are DT Swiss internals. The hi low hubs have actual flanges and Jbend spokes

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Hi Roval Joe
    I just picked up the new 2018 Control SLs Boost (with XD driver). I am currently using 2016 Control SLs 142+ (with a Shimano freehub body). Can I do a straight swap of the Shimano freehub body and XD driver between these wheels? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works Boy View Post
    Hi Roval Joe
    I just picked up the new 2018 Control SLs Boost (with XD driver). I am currently using 2016 Control SLs 142+ (with a Shimano freehub body). Can I do a straight swap of the Shimano freehub body and XD driver between these wheels? Thanks!
    I swapped the freehubs today so the answer is yes, it works fine. The new SL's are sweeeeeet.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I swapped the freehubs today so the answer is yes, it works fine. The new SL's are sweeeeeet.
    I was going to answer on this, but I was hoping Joe would. Though it will "fit" there is a dimensional difference on the end cap for 142+. If you did 142 to 148, yes it would be a direct swap of the freehub/end cap. The hub shell makes up that 6mm difference between 148 and 142, but the 142+ shell is slightly wider and uses a special drive side end cap that's smaller for that shell in a 142 frame. I believe its only 2mm, and probably won't affect the integrity, but you might have a warranty issue, should that arise. You should look for a 142/148 shimano freehub end cap for it to be the proper dimension.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Hi Roval Joe,
    I have a pair of roval control carbon 29 that I got in 2013. I just got a crux with front 12mm TA. Are there 12mm endcaps that I can order so that I can use the control carbons on the crux? Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Thanks bpd131. You are correct. Fortunately the new Rovals came with a 142/148 Shimano end cap so I used this.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Good job!

Thanks bpd131. You are correct. Fortunately the new Rovals came with a 142/148 Shimano end cap so I used this.

mtbr member

Hubswap from "normal" 100/142+ to BOOST 110/148

Hi Roval Joe,
    I just bought a 17 stumpjumper pro with 27.5" 6fattie wheels. The fork and rear are boost spacing. I replaced the original wheelset with a Roval Traversee Sl 38.
    I also want to run this bike with 29 inch wheels to try out the new 29 x 2.5 tires that are coming out.
    I have a 2015 set of Roval traversee sl 29 with 100/142 hubs that I want to swap out for boost hubs.
    My question is: when I do the hubswap will I need to get new spokes because the wider hub spacing will require a longer spoke or can I keep the originals as they seem to be in great shape?
    Thanks!
    "Luck favors the Prepared"

mtbr member
    Hi Roval Joe,
    I've got one that has stumped multiple LBS and Specialized techs.
    I have a 2018 Epic HT Comp Carbon (Boost) w/the Torque Cap compatible Reba 110x15 fork.
    I bought a set of Roval Control SL (2017 25mm IW) 110x148 wheels.

I'm trying to find the correct Torque Caps to go on the front hub.
    After multiple attempts of trying to get a straight answer out of Specialized, my LBS ordered in these caps:
    specialized s175900004 Left Torque Cap
    specialized s175900005 Right Torque Cap
    The left side looks to be perfect, and matches that side's cap width, the other appears to be 2mm too narrow and the wheel fits too loose in the fork.

L > R - Stock LEFT, Torque LEFT, Stock RIGHT, Torque RIGHT
    Roval questions?-img_3735.jpg

Stock RIGHT, Torque RIGHT (TOO Narrow)
    Roval questions?-img_3743.jpg

The two left (brake side/non drive side) Caps are identical in width and the Torque cap fits/works perfectly.

The two right side caps are different in width, with the Torque cap being exactly 2mm narrower. Not good.

As you can see below in this random review photo of the new wheels, the right torque cap is 2mm wider than the one I was given.

THIS is the part I need:
    Roval questions?-img_1067.jpg
    Last edited by COMTBR; 09-06-2017 at 09:29 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Did your wheels not come supplied with the spare torque caps? Mine did and they fit fine.

mtbr member
    Did your wheels not come supplied with the spare torque caps? Mine did and they fit fine.
    No, my LBS LOST the freakin bag of stuff that came with the wheelset.
    So the wheelset CAME with the correct Torque caps?!?!

They told me it just came with the spoke hole caps and gave me a bag of those from a Traverse SL set or something.

Argh.

Then this should be easy. Why is it so difficult for specialized to come up with part numbers for these if they ship with the wheelset?

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Here's a pic of the caps that came with my SLs. Sorry, I don't have the part number. And sorry your LBS lost the parts (it happens occasionally when the shop gumby throws out the box...!)Roval questions?-img_3839.jpg

mtbr member
    ^^^ Thank you!!!!!

Exactly what I needed. I can show them this.

mtbr member
    Disaster avoided, sky hasn't fallen. My LBS found the original pack that came with the wheelset.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Hi Joe,
    I was wondering if the older Control SL (2016/2017 with 22mm internal width) is compatible with a DT Swiss 11-speed road freehub body. It seems like it should be, but I want to make sure the spacing will work before I order the wheels. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hi Joe, will a Traverse SL Fattie (30mm) 650b boost wheelset come with end caps that are compatible with a 2017 Santa Cruz 5010 and 2017 fox 34 (SC oem version)? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Control SL29 internal 22mm for CX Cyclocross

I've researched that putting the new Shimano Ultegra 11-32 cassette on an MTB Shimano splined hub will work (from my understanding). I'd be using a Control SL29 with 12x142 on CX bike with same.
    Would I need the wheel re-dished?

Second, is there a preferred bead type that works best with the hookless rim?
    Finally, any suggestions on how low of pressure it might be possible to run with 33mm tire in CX conditions?
    R U living to ride or riding to live?

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Hi Joe and everyone,

I was wondering if you would have any pointers for replacing the bearings on a Control Carbon 29er wheelset. I am having particular issues with the front hub (the LFM07), where the thing is eating through bearings every 200-300km. I've been using it on my Epic first with a Magura TS8 and then an RS Reba fork, for general XC and some light trail riding, where it's not seen anywhere near the abuse people here say they put them through. I've also excluded the option of over-tightening the axle by using a torque wrench set to the fork-specified minimum force when mounting the wheel.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by biketango View Post
    Control SL29 internal 22mm for CX Cyclocross

I've researched that putting the new Shimano Ultegra 11-32 cassette on an MTB Shimano splined hub will work (from my understanding). I'd be using a Control SL29 with 12x142 on CX bike with same.
    Would I need the wheel re-dished?

Second, is there a preferred bead type that works best with the hookless rim?
    Finally, any suggestions on how low of pressure it might be possible to run with 33mm tire in CX conditions?
    The 11-32 cassette requires a standard 11s road freehub. However, the new HG-800 11-34 is designed to fit on any 10speed shimano freehub. The wheel shouldn't need to be redished, as long as your frame isn't designed asymmetrically (like the new cannondale superX, among others).

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Roval Control SL SCS wheels on a regular (non-SCS) road bike?

I don't understand "SCS".

Can I use SCS wheels (eg., Roval Control SL SCS wheels) on a regular. non-SCS, road bike (eg., 2018 Diverge carbon frame)?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2017

Roval questions?

Hi Joe,
    I have Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Carbon 6fattie and one question for you
    On my last ride i had some accident and chan dropped behind cassette. As that was during going uphill tension was high and chain damaged two spokes. I need to know length of spokes so i can buy and replase that damaged ones. (rear wheel, drive side)
    Thanks in advance!

Edit: One more thing, if you can explain me how to remove end caps from these hubs? (Roval traverse hi-lo)
    Last edited by sajlonac; 09-20-2017 at 05:09 AM.

Shore slayer
    Oct 2006
    Maybe Joe is gone? He hasn't responded to this thread in over two months.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    It's a pity if it's a true.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Sajlonac,

Pull one of the spokes and measure it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Sure, I will do that at least but I was hoping to get info on easy way.
    Thank you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I hear ya. Just seems as though Specialized has left the building.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Joe,

I posted here about a year ago when my Roval Traverse Fatty SL rim failed while riding well within the limits of what should be expected from an Enduro Rim. The shop offered crash replacement. You were very helpful and told me to have the shop send it to the SLC center. They did and I was sent a warranty replacement right away.

I'm in the same boat again. I think the 3 year warranty is very misleading. I was told it wasn't a warranty because it was caused by an impact. It's an enduro rim I'd assume it can handle an impact? I'd be happy for a crash replacement if It failed catastrophically due to a cased landing. I've seen what carbon rims look like under these circumstances. But mine failed on an XC level rock garden with heavy casing tires and proper PSI.

I hope you're still around and can offer me assistance again?

Shore slayer
    Oct 2006
    In case anyone's listening, a friend of mind had the same thing happen about a month ago. He also had to replace the hub. This does not sound like an isolated problem, not happy at all with these wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyMonkey View Post
    2016 Stumpjumper Elite 29er, Roval Traverse with 3-pawl XD driver (freehub).

Cassette spins in forward direction (clockwise) with very little resistance without the wheel turning. I.e. If I pedal forward, the bike doesn't move. Pawls also sound normal when pedaling in reverse.

I was able to pull the cassette and driver off together and couldn't see anything glaringly wrong. Pawls spring out easily, hub body appears undamaged. I re-installed cassette & driver, then struggled to remove just the cassette. It finally gave way with a loud bang. The cassette does not appear damaged. Neither do the treads on the driver body.

I assume something has failed inside the driver, but don't know how the internals mesh together to be certain. Does this sound like a correct diagnosis? I would rather not buy a new cassette AND driver if it's only one of them that is a problem. Thoughts?

EDIT: figured out it's the "ring nut" inside the hub that is spinning freely. I assume I need a new hub now? Can't find any online complaints of this happening.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Guys, just picked up a used '17 enduro comp 650b. Need to replace rear hub bearings. I have remover and press, do I need other special tools? Looks like I may need to remove the hub splines to remove the drive side bearing. First Spec I have owned. thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Hi,

I recently bought a 2018 S-Works Epic HT. It came equipped with a Rockshox Sid Brain fork and Roval Control SL 29 Boost wheels.

I want to switch to a Fox SC fork- The Roval Control SL 29 Boost wheels come with end caps that are approximately 31mm OD with a flat face to fit the inside of the Rockshox.

I need end caps that fit the SC fork.
    My local Specialized dealer says this part is not available until February 2018-
    But the parts DO come with retail Roval Control SL 29 Boost wheels.

Does anyone have an extra set of the proper 19mm end caps or know where I could get a set?

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Howdy Joe. Thanks for being you.

I've just bought a Roval Control SL SCS wheelset that was taken off of a 2015 Crux (Although the graphics make me think it was a 2016 Crux, MORE BLACK) - and I'd like to run the wheels on my 2015 Specialized Diverge Comp Carbon.
    Both F/R wheels are currently set up QR.

I have the 12MM end caps to make the rear end TA, and I don't think I'll have any issues with fit/SCS and all that since the rear hub is 135/SCS already.

My question is about the front hub of the Roval Control SL SCS.
    I've scoured the interwebs and it seems like I'll be able to convert the front hub from QR to 15mm TA, but..
    Q: What is the 15MM endcap part number? And where might I find some?

Or did I just make an Ebay blunder and buy wheels that I can't use or upgrade??

Gracias Sensei.

mtbr member

Stem lenght?

What length valve stem should I get for the Roval aluminum fatties? I figure a 35mm should work?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The Fastest of Bananas
    Quote Originally Posted by biked2school View Post
    What length valve stem should I get for the Roval aluminum fatties? I figure a 35mm should work?
    Should reach, but not much left. I prefer closer to 50mm

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920