Rat Fink

Ripoff - don't buy: Hutchinson Protect'Air

This is Hutchinson's tire sealant, their version of Stan's. The stuff is a rip-off. The volume of the bottle isn't labeled but according to the 10 ml. measuring marks on the bottle, it's about 110 ml. The label says you're supposed use 70 ml for a 26x2.00 tire which means you need to buy two $18 bottles to do a set of tires. Stan's, by contrast, is $19.00 / qt. or 960 ML.
    Raspberries, nature's poison ivy bait. (Formerly, 'Stops to eat the raspberries.')

LA CHÈVRE
    Yeah yeah but, how does the stuff work?

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Do It Yourself
    Think of being back on the trail in less than a minute after getting a flat in a big race. At $15 a pop (at my lbs), seems like the only time it's practical. It would suck to deploy the sealant only to find out you had a sidewall tear. DOH!!!
    Long Live Long Rides

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew
    Think of being back on the trail in less than a minute after getting a flat in a big race. At $15 a pop (at my lbs), seems like the only time it's practical. It would suck to deploy the sealant only to find out you had a sidewall tear. DOH!!!
    Protect'air is the flat preventative fluid. Put in and forget.

Fast'air is the inflate and seal on-trail repair stuff (seals up to 1mm hole).
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Glad to Be Alive
    sold on stans....dat shiat works wonders and bottle feeds about 6 to 8 DH tires
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days