mtbr member

Ride Fast Wheels

Mountain bike action just gave a glowing review of these.

https://www.ridefastracing.com/colle...-livewire-27-5

Any real world user reviews? Price to weight ratio not bad @ $1399 pair for a 1500 gram wheelset.

the Livewire is 30mm ID with Sapim D-Lite Spokes, 2 Year Warranty. (Lifetime Hub/Freehub Guarantee), Lifetime Crash Replacement Program

Anyone have them or demo them?

go.....

mtbr member
    Seems like a really poor value to me.

24h no name hubs on chinese rims for $1400. Nope. You can do premium end end hubs on cheap carbon rims, with 32 spokes, at a comparable weight for less.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    FWIW, I just purchased a custom set of Ibis 935 rims with Project 321 hubs, 32 spoke, with 7 year no-fault replacement warranty for $1699. For $1599 it could have been had with Nox rims. Pretty close to the $1399 deal.

Check out daves-wheels.com
    Last edited by Marty McCasland; 06-15-2018 at 05:50 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    I purchased a pair of the Hotlines after chatting with the owner of the company on a local ride. They take a lot of pride in what they do - they definitely sold me on the wheels.

What I learned from chatting with him:

The hubs are not Chinese knock-offs - they are custom designed and the shells are machined in America. Freehubs are titanium, same length spokes throughout etc. etc. The company could have gone with DT Swiss or another similar brand and increased their margins significantly but they wanted everything to be exactly what they would ride.

The rims are custom designed - not off the shelf.

Everything is handbuilt to order.

It's a small company - if you have any issues you'll probably be talking with the owner himself. I think a complete crash replacement is $200, which is cheaper than rebuilding an aluminum wheelset if you include labor.

I love the set I own, and for the money, I can't think of a better set of carbon wheels.

Anyways, I thought I would add my $0.02 as I really like this company and wanted to make sure the facts are out there!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the review. How much do you weight and what type of terrain or riding are you doing (XC / small drops, tech?) Any flex with the 24 spokes?

Seems like a cool company with a bunch or hardcore riders building up wheels.

Lots of good wheels to choose from these days. I am looking to replace my DT swiss 2000gr wheels with a 1500gram wheelset with 30ID rims.

Looking at these and CarbonFan with DT 240's

Quote Originally Posted by ibis888 View Post
    I purchased a pair of the Hotlines after chatting with the owner of the company on a local ride. They take a lot of pride in what they do - they definitely sold me on the wheels.

What I learned from chatting with him:

The hubs are not Chinese knock-offs - they are custom designed and the shells are machined in America. Freehubs are titanium, same length spokes throughout etc. etc. The company could have gone with DT Swiss or another similar brand and increased their margins significantly but they wanted everything to be exactly what they would ride.

The rims are custom designed - not off the shelf.

Everything is handbuilt to order.

It's a small company - if you have any issues you'll probably be talking with the owner himself. I think a complete crash replacement is $200, which is cheaper than rebuilding an aluminum wheelset if you include labor.

I love the set I own, and for the money, I can't think of a better set of carbon wheels.

Anyways, I thought I would add my $0.02 as I really like this company and wanted to make sure the facts are out there!

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    I have the Ďenduroí wheels - the Hotlines. They are 1700gr with 28 spokes front and rear. I really like them - not too stiff, but the acceleration and side to side stiffness is noticeable compared to my old wheels (DT Swiss XM481 rims). Iím 180lbs.

Not sure why anyone would spend $1800+ on carbon wheels these days....

mtbr member
    How are the hotlines holding up? Iím also interested in this wheelset.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Interceptor View Post
    How are the hotlines holding up? Iím also interested in this wheelset.
    Still completely true... no issues and Iíve thrashed them pretty hard.

Tough to find a better wheel set on the market I think, particularly when you factor in price.