mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Replacing WTB "Dual Duty" Wheel/Hub

Hey guys,

I have managed to strip out the rear hub on my all mountain hardtail so that when the cassette turns, it no longer engages with the wheel. I am not familiar with hub mechanics, but I believe It will probably be cheaper to replace the whole wheel rather than buy a new hub and get someone to unlace/relace the wheel.

So, It's a Haro Escape 8.3 and the bad wheel is a WTB dual duty disc sporting a kenda nevegal 2.1 with a tube.

Should I just replace it with the same wheel, or can you guys recommend a better cheap wheel? (I'm a clyde and it will take a beating on these NH trails).

Thanks,
    adam

mtbr member
    Hey man it may be fixable, cant tell without tearing it apart. wheres your LBS some guys i know are good at that stuff. my mavics did that and it was 12 dollar parts. as for replacement what do u consider cheap

Former Bike Wrench
    You broke the freehub body...not the entire hub. I believe those wheels used Formula rear hubs, so the freehub body is replaceable...and probably cheap (as Formula hubs are cheap)

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Can the Formula Freehub be replaced?

I thought they weren't servicable? that would be awesome if I could get away with a $15 fix and keep my wheels

mtbr member
    hey man any luck? i forgot about u sorry