mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Rear to partner a Geax 2.1 Lobo loco front

As the title say's what tire would be best to compliment a Lobo loco ust. Up until today I'd never gave geax tires a thought but the lobo loco looks very good on paper.

So I thought maybe a AKA would be ok on the rear any other suggestions from the Geax lineup?

Oh yeah general XC riding on forest trails etc.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    You could try the Geax Mezcal. It received good reviews on Mountain bike action.

Subject to Whimsy
    Dec 2009
    I would suggest the Lobo is not really a tire for general xc duties. In UST guise this tire in a 2.1 is around 870 grams. With the Geax also I would lean towards their TNT casings as they give all the benefits of tubelesss without the UST weight penalty. So the Lobo in a 2.1 TNT would save you over 150 grams per tire.
    My suggestion would be more towards the Saguaro, Barro Mountain,or Barro Race all dependent upon your particular terrain and all the TNT versions in a 2.1.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Go Geax TNT vs UST as stated above. They just dont throw a UST bead on a std casing. They beef up the sidewall a bit. On the AM casings, they add a rim edge protector to guard against those pinch flats when you go off something big, or hit a big sharp rock at speed.

The AKA TNT is a good rear tire. I ran if for a while before this sharp rock I slid off had it's way with it. I liked it and plan to get another.

Saguaro TNT is good, but if you are doing any mud, it clogs up fast.

I was not a fan of the Barro Mountain as a rear tire. It's totally assume as a front (2.3 TNT version)
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.