Sail On!

Rear Disc Hub DMR or X9?

Hi All,
    I have been searching on the net for a new rear disc hub that does not break the bank.
    I found a couple but cannot find any reviews or info on either. Anyone have experience with these 2 hubs?

1. DMR Revolver 10mm thru-axle 135 spacing 32 hole 385g $65

2. Sram X9 9mm QR 135 spacing 32 hole 385g $50

The DMR looks trick with the aluminum thru-axle and I have actually broken a rear QR once.

Former Bike Wrench
    Well the new SRAM hubs had the look of a great value hub. Cartridge bearings, steel FH body, 3 pawl design...I was ready to pick one up until I found out they have a 12 point engagement. That is horrid, even cheap Formula hubs have a 16 point engagement!

I ended up buying a SLX rear hub with the 32 point engagement FH body. It comes centerlock, but you can buy adapters (or just use a centerlock rotor, which I am with my Avids).

Here is my exact setup
    Shimano M665 SLX hub...$45
    Shimano 160mm RT-53 rotor...$16

mtbr member
    Spend the extra, get the DMR.

Revolvers have been around for years, it basically a good hub, the only mark against it is that it uses slightly odd sized bearings (larger than many other brands).

Or grab a Shimano hub, safe bet.

Former Bike Wrench
    Anybody know how many point engagement the DMR Revolver has? I'm guessing somewhere between 16-24 looking at the freehub body (internal 3 pawl).

Sail On!
    I found a forum where a guy measured the engagement points on the 3-Pawl Revolver hub and he said it was 18. Isn't that what the older shimano hubs were?

RIP Friendgirl

TBC Revolution Hub

Transition is closing out there Version 1 rear hub 135mm 10mm QR through axle 36H for $40 direct from there web store. Got mine this week & took it apart to see how it's constructed. WOW

Basically a cheap Hadley:

24 POE if it matters

If your a weight weenie look elsewhere........
    SPD pedals are an absolute menace to the well-being of the world, and ought be banned immediately.

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterat Pat
    I found a forum where a guy measured the engagement points on the 3-Pawl Revolver hub and he said it was 18. Isn't that what the older shimano hubs were?
    16-18 point depending on the model. I never worried about POE when I rode the wide open trails in the SW and California. But on the twisty narrow log and root strewn trails up here in the PNW when I'm in the granny a lot, I'm already noticing the difference on the SLX hub in a couple rides.

Sail On!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bordershy
    Transition is closing out there Version 1 rear hub 135mm 10mm QR through axle 36H for $40 direct from there web store. Got mine this week & took it apart to see how it's constructed. WOW

Basically a cheap Hadley:

24 POE if it matters

If your a weight weenie look elsewhere........
    Went to the Transition website and those hubs look way nice. No weights listed so what does your weigh? Unfortunately all of my rims are 32 hole.
    I noticed the Version 3 is 32 hole at $99.

RIP Friendgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterat Pat
    Went to the Transition website and those hubs look way nice. No weights listed so what does your weigh? Unfortunately all of my rims are 32 hole.
    I noticed the Version 3 is 32 hole at $99.
    It's 568g W/steel through qr axle. Sorry you asked now?

Can't really recommend it for anything other than what i bought it for= Bombproof FR/DH rear wheel.
    SPD pedals are an absolute menace to the well-being of the world, and ought be banned immediately.

Sail On!
    [QUOTE=Bordershy]It's 568g W/steel through qr axle. Sorry you asked now?

Never sorry. That's what these forums are all about. Definitely not for me as I live right next to XC heaven Henry Coe SP.