mtbr member

Rapid Rob Tubeless?

Im thinking of getting a set of 29er rapid robs for training this year since they are so cheap. But I was wondering if I will be able to air them up tubeless? I noticed they are wire bead, so that has me a little worried.
    Giant XTC Composite 29er, SID XX World Cup fork, AC Race 29 wheels
    Giant TCR advanced with Ultegra Di2

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I had the same question

mtbr member
    I 3rd this question. I imagine they'll be just fine, but anyone with first hand experience want to chime in?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Wire bead effect tubless?

I love these tires and love the price too. Just hoping they are ok for tubless

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Update, i have about 100km tubless. Working great.

Took a while to fully seal. About 4 to 5 days. But they work great, the difference is night and day going over rocks and roots. More traction and there are a fairly strong tire. And at 30bucks im having a hard time going up to Ra Ra's.

HJH
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I had used cheapest version of Ra Ra as tubeless something like two years without any worries. They sealed in a minute to real-UST rim.

At least it's a worth a try.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I have put on a few hundred miles with the Rapid Robs and Sun Inferno 25s. The Inferno's of course aren't tubeless ready nor are they recommended for tubeless....but this combo has worked 100% flawlessly from day 1. I have had far more issues with tubeless ready Racing Ralphs on Stans Arch rims.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Im on inferno 25 as well. I think the steel bead is what is saving us as the ra ra will burp on the inferno. It has a crappy hook.

My robs did not make a nice snappy seal sound either

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Any updates? I just did some rapid rob tubless on some BWW pure xc wheels, no popping sound like I am used to. Lots of weeping from the bead but it seems to be slowing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Morning update, one tire was completely flat, couldn't get it to take air with the floor pump so I had to bust out the compressor and shake the tire around to get it to seat and take air. Lots of weeping around the bead again. The other tire still had ~5-10 psi in it and I pumped it back up with the floor pump to 50psi to see if I can get it to hold shape. The beads don't really seem to "seat" on the wheels that I have. Since the one held some air over night I think they will both come around once all the little pours are filled. I am not too concerned about the lack of a strong bead seat since they are wire beaded so I do not think they will peel off the wheel when riding.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I am running the Inferno's as well with the rapid bob set up tubeless. According to their website the Rapid Bob isn't Tubeless Ready (TL). I've had some issues. The front went completely flat a few days after the shop seated it. The tire bead is now too loose to be set up again as TL. However, the rear is holding well so far. I'm tenative on using these as Tubeless and will keep a tube in the front until the tread wears down enough to warrent new tires OR the next race. I've also also had some seeping of Stans through the seams of both these tires.