mtbr member

racing ralph sidewall leaking stans

im using the 29x2.25" Performance Line and theres a seam along the sidewall I guess where the tire is molded together. after putting a serving of stans in it leaks out of this seam after about a month. I notice the tire has this wet line around it most of the time. its my front tire, it has plenty of tread left. its got 2800 miles and about 10 months old. i've had this issue for probably the last 1000 miles though.

I notice websites are calling the Evolution Line as "tubeless ready". would these not have this issue?

I'm guessing I'll have to put a tube in and add stans to the tube. I hear its impossible to add a tube with the stans ztr crest wheelset I have though.

mtbr member
    The Schwalbe website specifically calls out exactly which tires are tubeless ready and the RaRa performance doesn't say they are. As you mentioned, all the Evo series are listed as Tubeless ready ("TL-ready" on their site) but the performance are not.

Looks like you found why they aren't TL-ready. I always thought it was something about the bead that made it TL-ready but I guess there's more to it than that.
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

mtbr member
    does look like I found out, lol. I haven't had any issues with the bead or burping. there are many who don't use "tubeless ready" tires tubeless.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinGT View Post
    The Schwalbe website specifically calls out exactly which tires are tubeless ready and the RaRa performance doesn't say they are. As you mentioned, all the Evo series are listed as Tubeless ready ("TL-ready" on their site) but the performance are not.

Looks like you found why they aren't TL-ready. I always thought it was something about the bead that made it TL-ready but I guess there's more to it than that.