mtbr member
    May 2009

Quando 20mm T/A hub

the wheel set i'm gonna get has one on it and i keep reading reviews saying that the bearings are junk, but i think they're all talking about the loose ball hubs, especially the rear

well how about the T/A hubs? if they are junk bearings then i have no problem replacing the bearings with good ones.

Anybody have any experiance with them? Also, i couldn't find a website?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Yea, ignore those reviews, they are for the loose ball hubs. While the bearings probably arent the best, they are still sealed cartridge bearings. They'll last a good while and like you said, they can be replaced with higher quality bearings.

No worries.

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJK
    the wheel set i'm gonna get has one on it and i keep reading reviews saying that the bearings are junk, but i think they're all talking about the loose ball hubs, especially the rear

well how about the T/A hubs? if they are junk bearings then i have no problem replacing the bearings with good ones.

Anybody have any experiance with them? Also, i couldn't find a website?
    I don't have too many miles on mine yet, but they are fine... just low on bling factor. I was worried about quality, but there really isn't much to a front hub to go wrong... especially 20mm. For the price, they are definitely OK.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

Legend
    Nov 2004
    Flanges could rip off, that would be bad .

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ettore
    Flanges could rip off, that would be bad .
    Are you just throwing that out there, or do you know of a 20mm quando that has failed?
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    hahahaha! if the flanges rip off then i'm gonna go over to taiwan and beat the quando people to a pulp with the broken hub

if you screw that up then you need to die