mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Python UST light

I've used the standard tubed version for a couple years now and have been happy. I already know I like the tread for adventure racing / all around riding. Anyone have any experience with the UST version? Do they work well in conjunction with some stans sealant? I'm a heavier guy "200" with gear and hate flats so I'm looking to switch.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I ran them about 2 years ago, both the original UST light and the NG UST lights. Sealed w/o sealant but put some in later.

I have a friend that has run them for the past 6 years and he out weighs you by about 30. He loves his and won't change.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Awesome!! The last race I did was an un-supported adv race so I left on the bike section with 2 spare tubes. I finished with two ruined tubes and one slow leaker from a pinch flat. I guess I could always carry a patch kit but I'm trying to avoid flats in general! I'm hoping that by going UST with sealant I will only need to carry one tube for the worst case scenario and hopefully not need it!

dwt
    mtbr member
    I'm currently running them on one of my wheelsets, rims converted with gorilla tape, stans mixed with auto tire sealant, no rimstrips. I'm 180 lbs. No burps, no flats, no problems. I mix in auto sealant because pure Stans is great for sealing rims, but leaks like a sieve through punctures (experienced with other tires, luckily not these)
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member
    I use the Python UST light since many time and since one year Python ust light on Notube ztr rim with stan sealant. NEVER had flat and i ride in a tropical Island with lots of rock!!

With a normal Rim it can pinch or loosing air from the side on one rock and pinch between rim and a rock on the next one.
    So if you don' t want flat, buy a pair of no tube ZTR rim (maybe Arch or crest) and you will never never pinch the tire on the rim.

If you use a normal rim, Maxxis Larsen TT Lust 2.0 is stronger. You put some stan product in, pump 4.5bar, leave it for a night at this pressure and the day after adjust you pressure.
    The latex will help to stick the tire on the rim and fix torn so you bring only one light tube on your pocket :-)

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for the info...I'm running Crossmax SL's so I will go with the full UST tire. I'll be doing my riding in Costa Rica!