mtbr member

Please give me your opinion on the DT E2200 wheelset

They are going pretty cheap and I wouldn't mind a set of good AM wheels that are tube-only so I could throw some big meaty tires on for when I need that

I have some DT wheels and the bearings only lasted about 3 months in our winter. That is not enough. My XT wheels have been primo - Just the back wheel loosens up on my from time to time.
    "It looks flexy"

Former Bike Wrench
    The thing that is nice about DT Swiss wheels (not counting the new Tricon models) is that they use their standard hubs, spokes, and rims...just in different colors. So getting parts from a LBS is pretty easy. The hubs are the 370's I believe.

That said, you can build up a set with the DT 5.1d rim (which is better than the pinned DT E540 rim used in the wheelset) with XT hubs and DT Comp Spokes and Brass Nipples...same as used in the E2200 wheelset for under $300 at BWW

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    The thing that is nice about DT Swiss wheels (not counting the new Tricon models) is that they use their standard hubs, spokes, and rims...just in different colors. So getting parts from a LBS is pretty easy. The hubs are the 370's I believe.

That said, you can build up a set with the DT 5.1d rim (which is better than the pinned DT E540 rim used in the wheelset) with XT hubs and DT Comp Spokes and Brass Nipples...same as used in the E2200 wheelset for under $300 at BWW
    I've had pretty poor performance out of the DT 5.1 so maybe I'd better stay away from the E2200 as well.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I two want to pull the trigger on this wheelset, but I'm concerned about the weight as my 6in. bike is already at 32lbs..