wot no bike?

Paul Disc Fhub: HELP!

Hey all:

I recently got a Paul disc fhub (front) and noticed that on the disc side (same side as the cinch bolt, pictured), the hole is larger than the hole on the other side (the other size is the proper size for a QR skewer). It looks as if I'm missing that bushing in the picture that would reduce the disc side to accomodate the skewer. Am I missing a piece here, or do they come like this for some reason? If I'm missing a piece, can someone tell me what it's called so I can try and get one? Returning the hub isn't an option as I've already laced the damned thing up.

Thanks in advance,

-pete

dfhub.jpg

Combat Wombat

Are you talking about this?

Pete,
    Are you referring to the part that I circled in red? You definately have got to have this part and also be aware that if I remember right, I do not think it is bolted to the hub. It can easily drop out when the hub is not mounted or does not have a QR skewer to keep it in place. I'll verify this when I get home today. Just something to think about when you were handling the wheel while lacing it up, although I am not quite sure how you mounted the wheel in your truing stand without it. Anyway, if it just plain did not come with the hub, I'd give the guys at paulcomp.com a call. When I called to order new bearings and the solid axle kit, I got an answering machine and left a message. Paul himself returned my call and took care of me.

Hope this helps.

Brian

wot no bike?
    Hey Brian:

Yup that's the part -- I guess I kind of knew the answer but just had to confirm. The hub didn't come with one, and needless to say the wheel is not completely true yet, I kind of rigged a skewer in there so I could get it fairly true in the stand. I'll contact Paul ASAP, thanks for your input.

-pete

wot no bike?
    Hey Brian:

Yup that's the part -- I guess I kind of knew the answer but just had to confirm. The hub didn't come with one, and needless to say the wheel is not completely true yet, I kind of rigged a skewer in there so I could get it fairly true in the stand. I'll contact Paul ASAP, thanks for your input.

-pete