mtbr member
    May 2006

Panaracer Razer XC- Please Help!

I am running bontrager jones acx 26x2.2 tires on my bike. they have worn out (rear tire), so i need new ones. after a lot of useful advice from the forum members here, i have decided on continental speedkings and panaracer razer xc tires.

I dont have much info on panaracer razer xc ones. could you please tell me if thats a good tire or not? i usually ride on rain soaked trails (strictly XC)- mostly hardpack, but would like to have the versatality to get to loose pack ocassionally.

im looking at the 2.1 sized ones- to reduce weight. any other recommendations? thanks

ps. i liked the tread pattern on the bontrager jones acx, and it was enough for the kind of riding that i do.
    Last edited by LoneRanger; 03-27-2007 at 08:43 PM.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneRanger
    I am running bontrager jones acx 26x2.2 tires on my bike. they have worn out (rear tire), so i need new ones. after a lot of useful advice from the forum members here, i have decided on continental speedkings and panaracer razer xc tires.

I dont have much info on panaracer razer xc ones. could you please tell me if thats a good tire or not? i usually ride on rain soaked trails (strictly XC)- mostly hardpack, but would like to have the versatality to get to loose pack ocassionally.

im looking at the 2.1 sized ones- to reduce weight. any other recommendations? thanks

ps. i liked the tread pattern on the bontrager jones acx, and it was enough for the kind of riding that i do.
    The Razer and AXC are very different treads. The former is a low knob race tire. The latter a tall square block and MUCH more aggressive.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    The Razer and AXC are very different treads. The former is a low knob race tire. The latter a tall square block and MUCH more aggressive.
    Thanks for the reply shiggy. Do you think that the razer will be good for riding on rain soaked trails? I have a feeling that ACX is an overkill for the type of riding that I do, and it just adds to the rolling resistance (and also weight). I ride strictly XC, and as long as the razer's do the job for that, im happy.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneRanger
    Thanks for the reply shiggy. Do you think that the razer will be good for riding on rain soaked trails? I have a feeling that ACX is an overkill for the type of riding that I do, and it just adds to the rolling resistance (and also weight). I ride strictly XC, and as long as the razer's do the job for that, im happy.
    The Razer is a terrible mud tire
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Could you please suggest me a lightweight mud tire (26x2.1/2.2)? Thanks a lot for your help.

The Bontrager Mud X 2.0 and Panaracer Trailraker 2.1 are about as light as mudders in that size range get.

Or you could just stay with an ACX.
    mtbtires.com