ADIDAB

Panaracer Pasela TG or T-Serv?

Hey All,

I want to get a commuting tyre for my 29er and I'm thinking either the Panaracer Pasela TG or T-Serv (700x25c) are the way to go. My commute is all on-road so I'm leaning toward road-oriented tyres.

Is/Has anyone using/used either of these tyres and if so what did you think? Any (constructive) comments appreciated!

Cheers.
    My LBS | Riding this and this

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Either would be fine. The Pasela TG should give a better ride (higher tpi) but the T-Serv has COLOR options!

In any case the 28 or 32mm versions would work better on your rims.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

ADIDAB
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Either would be fine. The Pasela TG should give a better ride (higher tpi) but the T-Serv has COLOR options!

In any case the 28 or 32mm versions would work better on your rims.
    Mmmm....colour...

I'm using Velocity Dyad rims which are 24mm wide, hence why I was leaning toward the 25c versions. What are the benefits of using a 28 or 32c? Is it merely for comfort? Or will they provide better handling, grip etc?

Cheers.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_N
    Mmmm....colour...

I'm using Velocity Dyad rims which are 24mm wide, hence why I was leaning toward the 25c versions. What are the benefits of using a 28 or 32c? Is it merely for comfort? Or will they provide better handling, grip etc?

Cheers.
    I think the 25mm is a bit narrow for the Nyad (I looked up your build thread). The actual width is probably the same or narrower than the rim. Increases the chance of tire sidewall damage and "flattens" the tire profile. Not the best for road handling. The 28 or 32 are a better match, will track and corner better, be less likely to flat, be more durable, and more comfortable (nice when using a mtb frame on the road).
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

ADIDAB
    Cheers Shiggy. Appreciate the comments.

My preference so far has been the T-serv but I noticed Nashbar have some kevlar Pasela TG's in 700x28c for $12.45 so might hit them up for a pair...

Thanks again.

zep
    mtbr member

They run small

The two 32c Pasela tires I used ran 26.5 to 27mm in width, per my caliper, at max rec. pressure, after stretching. I read (on Rivendell's site, prolly) that the 'new' paselas run closer to the stated size. It's a high-quality, tough, and light, tire, regardless of the sizing issue. The 32c set was ~ 250gm/tire. No prob with the rolling resistance, but they ain't no speedsters, either.

Just don't run them much past their stated max psi rating...I pushed them +10%, and we blew one off the front of the tandem after a long downhill. No fall, thankfully....