mtbr member
    Jul 2014

New question here. PANARACER Driver Pro -- any switched from Racing Ralph (or other fast rollers)?

I've been reading some good things about the Driver Pro 29 x 2.25 Pana tires. Has anyone actually switched from their RaRa's (or any other fast tires) to these Panaracers? They seem fast like RaRa but with more cornering and better wear. Curious how they set up in a 29er tubeless.
    Last edited by giantmoose; 07-07-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Warrior's Society
    I ran mine into the ground.

Had zero issue mounting them up tubeless to CB Cobalt 11 Carbon's and Reynolds Carbon 29's.

Ran exclusively on the rear of my SS.

Had tons of traction for such a minimal tire....and rolled extremely fast.

Comparing it to a Racing Ralph is apples/oranges.

I got about 8 weeks of riding out of mine....but that was 5-6 days a week, minimum 25 mile rides.

However it went from a great tire to a crap tire overnight. Once it wears to a certain point, it is useless....and it happens quick.

I would definately run them again.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    I ran mine into the ground.

Had zero issue mounting them up tubeless to CB Cobalt 11 Carbon's and Reynolds Carbon 29's.

Ran exclusively on the rear of my SS.

Had tons of traction for such a minimal tire....and rolled extremely fast.

Comparing it to a Racing Ralph is apples/oranges.

I got about 8 weeks of riding out of mine....but that was 5-6 days a week, minimum 25 mile rides.

However it went from a great tire to a crap tire overnight. Once it wears to a certain point, it is useless....and it happens quick.

I would definately run them again.
    Thanks for the feedback. I ride maybe once per week and would never get anywhere near the amount of riding you are doing to wear out tires that fast. Can you tell me how well it does on the hardpack uphills?

And what were the major differences you would say were when you said "comparing it to a Racing Ralph is apples/oranges." Aren't the Driver Pros fast(er) like the Racing Ralphs but have bettering cornering abilities?

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by giantmoose View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I ride maybe once per week and would never get anywhere near the amount of riding you are doing to wear out tires that fast. Can you tell me how well it does on the hardpack uphills?

And what were the major differences you would say were when you said "comparing it to a Racing Ralph is apples/oranges." Aren't the Driver Pros fast(er) like the Racing Ralphs but have bettering cornering abilities?
    Compared to the Driver.....the RaRa is a really knobby tire. The RaRa will do better in loose conditions and will roll slower than the Driver.

Compare the Driver vs. WTB Vulpine, Schwalbe Furious Fred, etc. These are all similar tires.

Like I said, the Driver hooked up really well on all the conditions that I tried it on.....even on a loose gravel road climb it wasn't bad. Anything hardpack it will do well on.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    These tires but on a wide rim like Wide Lightnings or a carbon like LB or Roval 30mm inside dim.
    Schwalbe ?Thunder Burt? Tire: Final Review
    American Classic Wide Lightning 29"er Wheels: Final Review