mtbr member
    Dec 2006

panaracer cg ac am rotating direction

I just got the new panaracer cedric gracia all-conditions all-mountain 2.35" tire to put on the back, Nowhere on the tire is the arrow that shows the rotating direction. Does anyone know what it is? Should the point of the "v" in the center treads point in the rotating
    direction, or the other way? Im not looking for a guess (unless you're Shiggy), Im wondering if anyone knows specifically, perhaps you have one that does have the arrow on it? thanks.

mtbr member
    Do you see the direction with the ramps on the tread? If you have it rolling on that direction you will get less rolling resistance, but less bite along with it. The tires a multi-directional, I ran mine on the ramps in the front and had them flip on the rear. Try both out and see which one you prefer.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I dont really see any ramps, both sides of the knobs look nearly vertical to me, maybe one side is slighty ramped... on your front tire, is the point of the v- shape in the center tread pointing in the rotating direction (meaning its the ramped side), or is it the other way?
    thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    2 clue, I think you are referring to the 4x am, which has clearly ramped knobs.. is that correct? i have the "ac am", a newer, different model.

I'm with stupid
    I have zero guesses to help but i would love to hear about this tire and how it performs and where you got it from.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Ill just guess as to which way the tire goes. I just read somewheer that cedric wants the rider to sort out which way to roll the tire, lame. But, since the knobs arent ramped on one side it might not matter all that much. I got it from universal cycles, they dont have the tubeless version yet but they had the tubetype. im also waiting to try the new hutchinson cougar 2.4" tubeless for the front, it apparently is still vaporware. Whats up with bike parts makers; dont they know they cant sell things unless they actually MAKE them?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck
    I have zero guesses to help but i would love to hear about this tire and how it performs and where you got it from.
    +1. looks like a fast tire.