Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: NOX Composites?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Nox Rims with some chris kings. I think i may try some... ...green ones

"Because it's RED"
    I disagree. I believe that Green is much faster- the trick is finding it!
    Green= Fast.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

NOX Composites?

AM-29's laced to i9 hubs.
    NOX Composites?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1404476703.188839.jpg

My bike shop was very impressed with the rims and really liked the guys at Nox.

I'll get a few rides in and report back how the compare to my enve am's.

mtbr member
    So, when is the hookless 29'er XC rim coming out? Send a mail to Nox about 2 months ago, never got a reply

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

NOX Composites?

Was able to get a short ride in this morning. First impressions are these wheels rock. Super stiff, quick acceleration, and track amazing. I'm running nobby nic 2.35's on my Enve AM 27.5 wheels and the nobby nic 2.25's on the Nox AM-29 are wider.
    NOX Composites?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1404490224.257410.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Our latest demo bike build:

Nox Composites
    Carbon Fiber Mountain Rims and Wheels

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gcohen View Post
    AM-29's laced to i9 hubs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404476703.188839.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	382.5 KB 
ID:	905746

My bike shop was very impressed with the rims and really liked the guys at Nox.

I'll get a few rides in and report back how the compare to my enve am's.

Looking forward to the report. These are on the list. I have a set of Derbys on CK on my SS, and I want to try out the Nox rims on some i9s next.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I've ridden them a half a dozen times now. They are great. I'm running approx. 20psi tubeless on rocky rooty north east trails. I'm 210lbs and I have not had an issue. These wheels look and act the part!! Very satisfied and zero regrets choosing them over another set of Enve's

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gcohen View Post
    I've ridden them a half a dozen times now. They are great. I'm running approx. 20psi tubeless on rocky rooty north east trails. I'm 210lbs and I have not had an issue. These wheels look and act the part!! Very satisfied and zero regrets choosing them over another set of Enve's
    Same here. I've had my AM29's about a month and they have been amazing. 20 PSI seems to be the sweet spot on Nobby Nic 2.25 in the rear and about 18 up front on a 2.35. Had my LBS order them from Nox and the build quality was excellent. The guys at Nox were great to deal with as well. Without a doubt, I'll be buying another set for my next rig.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    This thread needs more pics!!!

transmitter~receiver

NOX Composites?

Quote Originally Posted by crlavoie View Post
    Without a doubt, I'll be buying another set for my next rig.
    I really like what NOX is doing as well. Haven't seen any in person but they're at the top of the list to replace some Nancy Wides that I'm not super stoked on.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Just recevied my xc 29 with ac hubs and 142 rear axle last week. First ride was a 60 miler in Marin and here are first impressions:

Super Stiff
    superior braking.

Upgraded from a pair of Stans Crests

excited to race these this weekend at the lake tahoe 100k

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    NOX Composites?-wheels-175.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by newportl View Post
    Looking forward to the report. These are on the list. I have a set of Derbys on CK on my SS, and I want to try out the Nox rims on some i9s next.
    Loving my AM29s on I9 hubs, best bike upgrade I've ever made. I run them at 16-17 PSI for my 150 lbs on 2.3 tires. Fantastic corning traction and steering precision. My bike feels much more composed on jump landings. Specialized tires mounted up easily tubeless, hold air well, and have stayed true. Riding on them for 2 months.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brightride View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheels 175.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	909090

Loving my AM29s on I9 hubs, best bike upgrade I've ever made. I run them at 16-17 PSI for my 150 lbs on 2.3 tires. Fantastic corning traction and steering precision. My bike feels much more composed on jump landings. Specialized tires mounted up easily tubeless, hold air well, and have stayed true. Riding on them for 2 months.
    What I need to hear - this is my planned build (all black).

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Stoke to be riding my set soon on a 2014 Trek Remedy - I just received a full build of 27.5 on CK XX1 hubs.

Following this thread, their price point, and race results really moved me to purchase over other brands/options. NOX appears to be scaling with demand pretty well.

Timing was very prompt once parts arrived (~1 wk + 4 days shipping from TN to CA). CK XX1 hubs had to be ordered, which took 2wks to arrive. Their packing list showed hubs ordered a few hours post my online order. Not everything can be amazon prime'd and drone-dropped on my doorstep.

I received an email confirming 1) my initial order 2) parts arrived & into production 3) shipping.

Boxed wheelset was a little lightly packaged. Fed-Ex did a number on the box, but the wheels look like they arrived without damage.

Will report back once I get tires mounted and some miles on my local trails.

11 is one louder than 10
    I am at 10 months on my 29er Nox laced up by Dave at Speeddreams.

Best wheels I have ever owned. I like them better than the Rovals and the Enve AM 29ers.

Great hoops thus far.
    "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Giant View Post
    I am at 10 months on my 29er Nox laced up by Dave at Speeddreams.

Best wheels I have ever owned. I like them better than the Rovals and the Enve AM 29ers.

Great hoops thus far.
    Great to hear! Dave is completing my 27.5 wheels today. I'm going with Chris King hubs, should be a great setup on my Tracer T275...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Uh oh

Still haven't got the package yet, hopefully everything is alright.

Been waiting almost a month now

Fat Skis/Fat Tires

NOX Composites?

Quote Originally Posted by mattwright999 View Post

Uh oh

You Canadians with your beady eyes and your flappy heads...

Jk, hope everything is ok with your shipment...their packaging seems suited only to best shipping case scenario unfortunately.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mattwright999 View Post

Uh oh

Bummer, I hope everything is okay...

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Any word on those new hookless XC 29'er rims?
    "Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion."-Jack Kerouac

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Green Giant, I'm curious, what makes the Nox better than the Enve AMs you tried? I'm on a set of those right now and hands down, best wheels I've ever had under me. I've been eyeing Nox for a second, lighter weight wheel set for summertime conditions.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Well for starters Kalamath the nipples are external making tweeks really easy.
    Should you need to make one.....

That's all I got.

Watching this thread closely.....

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I love my Nox am 29er rims, but I have to say their shipping, packaging leave a lot to be desired. I have worked for ups for years and there is no way I would ship something I wanted to make it there in good shape like they do. I had one of my boxes completely destroyed. Wheel had some marks but no breaks so I kept them. I probably should have sent the one back but I was ready to ride. Waited forever to get my Hope trials single speed hub. Nox, step up your packaging - we will gladly pay for it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Just picked up my package today. Unfortunately it looks like my end caps on the hubs were damaged

I was surprised to see that there was no support at all for the rim in the box. The rim arrived only in a plastic bag and placed into the box.

Both my rims were shipped separately and this is my first rim to arrive the other one should be here late next week. I have a feeling Im going to end up with the same damaged box and end caps on my front rim

Im going to send NOX an email today and hopefully they can send me new end caps.

The good news is my Maxxis HR2 tires went on without any effort and they aired up using a floor pump with no sealant. No air leaks! (will add sealant later)

I may bring the rim down to the LBS and have them look at it quick just to make sure everything is good

Sorry for the crappy phone pics, its hard to see the damage. The end caps are dinged up and scratched.

I will take some better pics once the other rims arrives. Cant wait to get out and ride these!

w/ I9 Hub with XD driver

11 is one louder than 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalamath View Post
    Green Giant, I'm curious, what makes the Nox better than the Enve AMs you tried? I'm on a set of those right now and hands down, best wheels I've ever had under me. I've been eyeing Nox for a second, lighter weight wheel set for summertime conditions.
    The Nox set up tubeless easier than the Enve for sure. I actually managed to knock my rear AM Enve out of true (though Dave at speeddreams didn't build the Enve's).

Found that the internal nipples were a pain on the enves for 2 reasons. 1. Had to take the tape off to true them up. 2. The aluminum nipples (which have now been changed, corrosion issues).

The Enve's rode great and were stiff just like the Nox.

Either way, I'd have Dave build up the wheels. The bladed spokes I believe are stock by both Enve and Nox and don't add anything other than weight and a pain in the arse factor. I also think that offset spokes make sense.

The Enves are absolutely a nice wheel, I just like the Nox better, and from a price standpoint there is really no comparison on bang for the buck.
    Last edited by Green Giant; 08-04-2014 at 05:25 PM.
    "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast