Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,474

    Nokian NBX UST Tires Help

    I have what I think are UST tires, the NBXs. At least the box says UST.

    All the other UST tires I've owned said UST on the tire itself. These dont have that printing anywhere. Does that necessarily mean they're not UST?

    Also, are there any issues running them with Stan's?
    What's your experience been running these tires?

    Thanks
    We Ride In God's Country!

  2. #2
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,826
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch
    I have what I think are UST tires, the NBXs. At least the box says UST.

    All the other UST tires I've owned said UST on the tire itself. These dont have that printing anywhere. Does that necessarily mean they're not UST?

    Also, are there any issues running them with Stan's?
    What's your experience been running these tires?

    Thanks
    They should have the UST logo on the sidewall.

    Nokian UST tire casings are much thicker/stiffer than the standard version, and the bead has the distinct square edge.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,474
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    They should have the UST logo on the sidewall.

    Nokian UST tire casings are much thicker/stiffer than the standard version, and the bead has the distinct square edge.
    That's what I thought. I got tricked/jipped with these then!!!
    We Ride In God's Country!

  4. #4
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,826
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch
    That's what I thought. I got tricked/jipped with these then!!!
    IIRC the same box were used for all versions of the tire.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,474
    yeah, it was the box just displaying their other tires types and I got confused. oh well

    update: for anyone interested. non-ust nbx's do not work tubeless. i tried pumping them up with stan's. no go. kept bubbling out sealant from the sidewalls and the bead never seated properly. man i wish i didn't waste $ on these.
    Last edited by myitch; 01-24-2011 at 11:36 PM.
    We Ride In God's Country!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •