Thread: Nokian NBX 2.3?

Woods Ready

Nokian NBX 2.3?

I'm still looking for some tires for winter in Tennessee. I'm just getting past a standard tire / Stan's let down... so I think I'm going to try UST. I like fat tires and I like big knobbies, and I don't mind trying different combinations. The tires I like don't seem to come in UST usually (or at least not big enough), so i am struggling.

I have found that nokian nbx's come in 2.3 UST. Maybe too big... but I guess there is always the 2.1. Anyway... besides this comment
    I have been running the Nokian NBX UST tire in 2.3 and find they are also pretty darn good for rocky and gravel-covered hard pack. They are heavy, though. Just over 1kg.
    I haven't seen that much about this tire.

Any experiences, conditions favorable for, durability of this UST tire?

Thanks.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvo
    I'm still looking for some tires for winter in Tennessee. I'm just getting past a standard tire / Stan's let down... so I think I'm going to try UST. I like fat tires and I like big knobbies, and I don't mind trying different combinations. The tires I like don't seem to come in UST usually (or at least not big enough), so i am struggling.

I have found that nokian nbx's come in 2.3 UST. Maybe too big... but I guess there is always the 2.1. Anyway... besides this comment
    I haven't seen that much about this tire.

Any experiences, conditions favorable for, durability of this UST tire?

Thanks.
    Nokians are not "big" tires. Their sizing is more like the Contis than the Hutchinsons.

I find the NBX to be a good most-conditions tire. Suffers in the deep and/or sticky as do most non-mud specific treads.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Hell it's a Vet!!
    Oct 2005
    NBX ust or 2,2 lite front and Bulldog UST/UST light or NBX 2,2 lite back..