Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Nokian/Gazza NBX 2.3?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  faustus 
#1 ·
Can you still get any NBX in the US? It seems like the only places that carry Nokians only have the studded ice tires. I really liked the NBX 2.3s, and I'm not sure I can get them anymore. Anyone have any advice/knowledge on where to get some?

#4 ·
MetricEee said:
Can you still get any NBX in the US? It seems like the only places that carry Nokians only have the studded ice tires. I really liked the NBX 2.3s, and I'm not sure I can get them anymore. Anyone have any advice/knowledge on where to get some?
QBP is the official US Gazza (Nokian) distributor. For some reason they are interested in importing only in the studded tires.

#6 ·
MetricEee said:
thanks Shiggy. That's the impression I got from looking at QBP as well. I just for the life of me can't understand why the NBX and the NBX lite don't have a bigger following. Everyone I know who's tried them loves them.
I agree, very good all-round tires. I think the new owners of Nokian blew it when they changed the US distribution and the brand name (Gazza?!?).

#7 ·
The wire bead Gazzalodis were the "go to" tire for the North Shore about 5 years ago, I wonder if they were trying to recapture that glory. The Gazza/NBX with the 61ShA rubber aren't grippy enough for the wet wood though, all the Kenda and Maxxis 40-50ShA rubber options have spoiled everyone.

The UST versions of the NBX Lite on CRC's site have the dual compound 55/61, I might have to give those a shot.

#8 · (Edited)
I've been kind of bummed that the NBXs have disappeared from the US market as well. Then a couple days ago I was checking air pressure and noticed that one of the outer knobs was completely ripped off the rear tire. I checked over the rest of the tire and found 2 more knobs just about to come off completely, and 16 (!) knobs in various stages of separation (all outer knobs btw). I have maybe 50 hours on the tire, but I did buy them two seasons ago. Other than the splitting there's hardly any wear. I don't know if it's because they are a couple years old or I just got a bad tire, but it makes me a little less excited about them. Either way, given that there as hard to find as they are, I guess it's time to find a replacement.

MetricEee said:
I just for the life of me can't understand why the NBX and the NBX lite don't have a bigger following. Everyone I know who's tried them loves them.
I always thought the same thing. Other than coming on Kona bikes though I never saw them in shops, so I think a lot of people just weren't familiar with them. Not much of a US presence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.