mtbr member

Nokian/Gazza NBX 2.3?

Can you still get any NBX in the US? It seems like the only places that carry Nokians only have the studded ice tires. I really liked the NBX 2.3s, and I'm not sure I can get them anymore. Anyone have any advice/knowledge on where to get some?

ups and downs
    CRC ships to North America, they have the NBX 2.3

mtbr member
    thanks man. Unfortunately that $20 shipping to the US has me looking elsewhere

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by MetricEee
    Can you still get any NBX in the US? It seems like the only places that carry Nokians only have the studded ice tires. I really liked the NBX 2.3s, and I'm not sure I can get them anymore. Anyone have any advice/knowledge on where to get some?
    QBP is the official US Gazza (Nokian) distributor. For some reason they are interested in importing only in the studded tires.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    thanks Shiggy. That's the impression I got from looking at QBP as well. I just for the life of me can't understand why the NBX and the NBX lite don't have a bigger following. Everyone I know who's tried them loves them.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    thanks Shiggy. That's the impression I got from looking at QBP as well. I just for the life of me can't understand why the NBX and the NBX lite don't have a bigger following. Everyone I know who's tried them loves them.
    I agree, very good all-round tires. I think the new owners of Nokian blew it when they changed the US distribution and the brand name (Gazza?!?).
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

ups and downs
    The wire bead Gazzalodis were the "go to" tire for the North Shore about 5 years ago, I wonder if they were trying to recapture that glory. The Gazza/NBX with the 61ShA rubber aren't grippy enough for the wet wood though, all the Kenda and Maxxis 40-50ShA rubber options have spoiled everyone.

The UST versions of the NBX Lite on CRC's site have the dual compound 55/61, I might have to give those a shot.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I've been kind of bummed that the NBXs have disappeared from the US market as well. Then a couple days ago I was checking air pressure and noticed that one of the outer knobs was completely ripped off the rear tire. I checked over the rest of the tire and found 2 more knobs just about to come off completely, and 16 (!) knobs in various stages of separation (all outer knobs btw). I have maybe 50 hours on the tire, but I did buy them two seasons ago. Other than the splitting there's hardly any wear. I don't know if it's because they are a couple years old or I just got a bad tire, but it makes me a little less excited about them. Either way, given that there as hard to find as they are, I guess it's time to find a replacement.

I just for the life of me can't understand why the NBX and the NBX lite don't have a bigger following. Everyone I know who's tried them loves them.
    I always thought the same thing. Other than coming on Kona bikes though I never saw them in shops, so I think a lot of people just weren't familiar with them. Not much of a US presence.
    Last edited by faustus; 05-25-2008 at 09:56 AM.