Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 156
  1. #51
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,016
    Quote Originally Posted by dscot420
    ...If it rolls like the nevegal...
    It does not, in a good way.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  2. #52
    Double-metric mtb man
    Reputation: Psycho Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,483
    Dang those look sweet! If they bring out a slightly narrower one (I have some clearance issues for rear tires, so a 2.1 or 2.2 would be ideal for me) I will have to bypass the Cinders and go right to the Rampages. (Panaracers have a strong following up here where I live).
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

    Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CrashTheDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,381
    Shiggy you must tire of the comparison requests, but... how is the sidewall thickness compared to the Nevegal & Big Betty? I'm hoping for something closer to the Big Betty.

  4. #54
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,016
    The Big Betty has a rubber insert in the sidewall. The Ram' and (folding) Neve' do not.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  5. #55
    Displaying UGI Symptoms
    Reputation: murphie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    184

    Run Tubeless?

    Hi Shiggy - appreciate your tire info!

    Have you tried to run the rampage tubeless? Are there any issues running these tires tubelesss? - either Stans or DT Tubeless?

    Thanks!

  6. #56
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,016
    Quote Originally Posted by murphie
    Hi Shiggy - appreciate your tire info!

    Have you tried to run the rampage tubeless? Are there any issues running these tires tubelesss? - either Stans or DT Tubeless?

    Thanks!
    I will not do DIY tubeless but Panaracer endorses Stan's.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  7. #57
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,480
    Wow, Stan's approved. Interesting.

  8. #58
    over researcher
    Reputation: royta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    It does not, in a good way.
    I guess this translates to less rolling resistance. Sweet.

  9. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drumbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    603
    According to Panaracer, they will now be in stores late September. I cannot wait!

  10. #60
    over researcher
    Reputation: royta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,163
    I've been running the 2.1 Nev DTC in the back and the 2.1 Blue Groove Stick-E in the front. I have between 500 and 600 miles on the Nev, and have noticed a tremendous decrease in climbing and straight line braking traction. I took off the Nev and put back on a 2.00 Spec Fast Trak Pro I had laying around. HUGE increase in climbing traction. I'm wondering if the Rampage will last longer than the Nev.

    Still not on their site yet. I hope they offer it in 2.1. I only ride a Flux and don't need a 700 gram rear tire.

  11. #61
    That's ok I'll walk it...
    Reputation: Hawkens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    227
    This thread was passed on to me and always looking for better tires. I had Single Track Cycles in North Bend ordered them in for me.

    They arrived on Saturday and I've put 14 miles on them on Sunday.

    I agree with everything being said on these tires so far. I took off a pair of Nevegals that were only a week old to give these tires a try.

    If they handle as well in wet conditions I'll be ordering another pair.

  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: drumbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkens
    This thread was passed on to me and always looking for better tires. I had Single Track Cycles in North Bend ordered them in for me.

    They arrived on Saturday and I've put 14 miles on them on Sunday.

    I agree with everything being said on these tires so far. I took off a pair of Nevegals that were only a week old to give these tires a try.

    If they handle as well in wet conditions I'll be ordering another pair.
    Did Single Track Cycles order them through QBP?

    Anyone else seeing these available? If so, around what price?

  13. #63
    That's ok I'll walk it...
    Reputation: Hawkens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    227
    They ordered them through a Distributor in Washington. I paid $37 each.

  14. #64
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkens
    They ordered them through a Distributor in Washington. I paid $37 each.
    That's a decent price!
    Check my Site

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wrinklefree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    387

    Jenson USA has them on the web site

    But they're not in stock yet. Listed as $32

    http://jensonusa.com/store/product/T...+Mtb+Tire.aspx

  16. #66
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkens
    They ordered them through a Distributor in Washington. I paid $37 each.
    Mostly likely from Seattle Bike Supply.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  17. #67
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,680
    BTI shows them out of stock too... But then, I have no access to the "Dealer" Area.
    Check my Site

  18. #68
    Silence and Thunder...
    Reputation: xjbebop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkens
    This thread was passed on to me and always looking for better tires. I had Single Track Cycles in North Bend ordered them in for me.

    They arrived on Saturday and I've put 14 miles on them on Sunday.

    I agree with everything being said on these tires so far. I took off a pair of Nevegals that were only a week old to give these tires a try.

    If they handle as well in wet conditions I'll be ordering another pair.
    How do they compare to the Kenda's, considering that they look almost identicle...???
    ...every day sends future to past...

  19. #69
    over researcher
    Reputation: royta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,163
    xjbebop, say it isn't so. Please don't tell me you didn't read shiggy's comments throughout this thread. You now must sell your Turner.

  20. #70
    Silence and Thunder...
    Reputation: xjbebop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,211
    Quote Originally Posted by royta
    xjbebop, say it isn't so. Please don't tell me you didn't read shiggy's comments throughout this thread. You now must sell your Turner.
    I just saw the pictures and saw a Nevegal with dressed-up knobs....why, you looking for a deal on a Spot???
    ...every day sends future to past...

  21. #71
    That's ok I'll walk it...
    Reputation: Hawkens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    227
    The biggest difference I noticed right away and as mentioned by the originally reviewer is Rolling Resistance. There is a day and night difference between the two, you don't feel like your pushing around a big tractor tire. I've been running Kenda's for so long I had forgotten that they had that much resistance, I just liked the fact they did so well in the winter.

    I am riding in powder conditions right now, because of lack of rain all summer and on short steep climbs these tires are hooking up well in those conditions. The Kenda's were washing out in the corners, I haven't had that issue with these yet.

    It's suppose to rain all weekend, so I'll get some riding in wet conditions with these tires soon. If they don't grip the roots well like the Kenda's do in wet conditions then I'll go back to Kenda's. If they do then this will be my all season tire.

  22. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: madgeronimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    198

    These tires too much for my Stumpy FSR?

    Hi Shiggy,

    In your opinion, would these tires be a good match for my Stumpy FSR? I do ride it All-Mountain style more than purely xc. And I'm on the East Coast here, so I'm dealing with quite a variety of terrain, from rocky babyhead territory to sandy and rooty to mud bogs after rain. Most places I ride tend to be smaller parks (compared to out West) that are pretty technical with lots of twisty turns and rolling land versus one big climb.

    Currently, I'm on the Specialized Resolutions/Adrenalines that came with my Stumpy, and they actually do pretty okay for the places I ride, with the exception of sand. But they're showing some wear, and I'm wondering whether to get the same tires or get something new. I'm shying away from the Nevegal's because of what everyone's said about rolling resistance.

    Anyway, any thoughts you may have would be appreciated.

    Best,
    G

  23. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lumbee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,909
    Quote Originally Posted by madgeronimo
    Hi Shiggy,

    In your opinion, would these tires be a good match for my Stumpy FSR? I do ride it All-Mountain style more than purely xc. And I'm on the East Coast here, so I'm dealing with quite a variety of terrain, from rocky babyhead territory to sandy and rooty to mud bogs after rain. Most places I ride tend to be smaller parks (compared to out West) that are pretty technical with lots of twisty turns and rolling land versus one big climb.

    Currently, I'm on the Specialized Resolutions/Adrenalines that came with my Stumpy, and they actually do pretty okay for the places I ride, with the exception of sand. But they're showing some wear, and I'm wondering whether to get the same tires or get something new. I'm shying away from the Nevegal's because of what everyone's said about rolling resistance.

    Anyway, any thoughts you may have would be appreciated.

    Best,
    G
    I live in NC and have a Stumpy FSR as well. I love the Adrenaline/Resolution as a front tire. I am running a Cinder in the rear. I absolutely love this combination and although the Cinder hooks up great, the rolling resistance makes it feel quite slow. I was looking for a replacement tire and the Rampage looks perfect.

  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: madgeronimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    198

    Your stumpy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumbee1
    I live in NC and have a Stumpy FSR as well. I love the Adrenaline/Resolution as a front tire. I am running a Cinder in the rear. I absolutely love this combination and although the Cinder hooks up great, the rolling resistance makes it feel quite slow. I was looking for a replacement tire and the Rampage looks perfect.
    That would be an interesting combo of tires. But wouldn't you have a fatter rear tire than front with the Rampage 2.35 in back and the 2.0 Resolution in front? The Resolution is a pretty chubby tire, however, for its stated width.

    I'm thinking I might order me a pair and try the Rampages front and back.

    I agree with you, though, that the Resolution is a better front tire than rear. I notice a bit of drag, especially on technical climbs. The tire does stick, but it doesn't have great roll back there.

  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ronnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,018

    Bonking ... not feelin' well

    As there have been several people, including myself who have expressed an interest in the Panaracer Rampage in a UST version, I thought that I'd post the following information from the UK based mountain bike forum "Bike Magic". It is from their report on Eurobike.

    "The Rampage is all-new. The square blocked tyre, designed as an all-rounder for all conditions and all terrains, comes in 2.1in (with UST option) or a proper 2.35in."

    Its a bit disappointing. It seems that some manufacturers shy away from making larger UST tires. The situation is the same with the Kenda Nevegal. They also only make it in a 2.1 UST version.

    Ronnie.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •