Singletrack Addict!!!

New AM'ish build, sapim CX ray or DT Aerolite

Building up a set with CK, WTB I23 or Arch EX. So as the title says, CX Ray's or Aerolite's? Which is stronger? Currently have a set of Havens which will be gone as soon as I get these built.
    The world needs a huge socio-economic change...be it. We all need to ride more....

mtbr member
    I currently have a two pairs of Light Bicycle wide carbon rims (26"). One set is built with Aerolites, the other with Sapim CX-Rays. Honestly can't see any difference so far. But I haven't ridden the Sapim ones as much as the Aerolites.

Johnnydrz

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Relayden View Post
    Building up a set with CK, WTB I23 or Arch EX. So as the title says, CX Ray's or Aerolite's? Which is stronger? Currently have a set of Havens which will be gone as soon as I get these built.
    No significant difference.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Custom Wheelbuilder
    Neither is stronger. You will be satisfied with both.

If it were me, I'd go Cxrays though. We do over 95% of our builds (road and mountain) on Cxrays, and they seem to be consistently durable and easy to stress relieve.

You have Havens though? Were you able to find a 24 hole hub option for those?
    Check out www.zencyclery.com for fully customizable, handbuilt wheels.

www.facebook.com/zencyclerywheels

Singletrack Addict!!!
    Well, they are just a few month's old, nice, light and responsive. But broke a spoke a few days back, which seems to be a common problem with some sets. The hubs are verage, had to locktite the non drive nut, and the freehub bearings are already starting to get rough, but i believe the 17287 bearings are to blame, as it happens with every other freehub with them. Chris King are the best for a reason, so finally building the set.
    The world needs a huge socio-economic change...be it. We all need to ride more....

Custom Wheelbuilder
    @relayden- I think you will be much more satisfied with the Kings. They usually require one adjustment after a ride or two, but from there they should be maintenance free. The preload adjust is super straight forward too and overall they are a great design.

Should be interesting to see R45s laced to Haven rims. Be sure to post pics when they are built up!
    Check out www.zencyclery.com for fully customizable, handbuilt wheels.

www.facebook.com/zencyclerywheels