mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Nevegal and Vertical Pro: Which front, which in rear?

I just bought a like new/ used set of Nevegal Tick-E and Continental Vertical Prection: I ride a Ventana X-5 (5" rear, 4.5" fro3nt), aggessive XC, no jumps. Want best traction in turns and braking. My guess
    is the Nevegal in front but defer to the majority opinions which I look forward to receiving, Thanks very much!

Wyatt
    WYATT

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt
    I just bought a like new/ used set of Nevegal Tick-E and Continental Vertical Prection: I ride a Ventana X-5 (5" rear, 4.5" fro3nt), aggessive XC, no jumps. Want best traction in turns and braking. My guess
    is the Nevegal in front but defer to the majority opinions which I look forward to receiving, Thanks very much!

Wyatt
    I would go with the Nev front, vert rear. I think the vert is actually a pretty good rear tire, but a lousy front. The nev is pretty decent in either front or back, but the rolling resistance is more than the vert, and the Stick-E will wear out in no time on the rear.

Is the nev a 2.1 or a 2.35?

on my 3rd wind...
    Nev grips better but Vert rolls better. Therefore, Nev front and Vert rear.
    sth

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Is the nev a 2.1 or a 2.35?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying. My used Nevegal is a. 2.35 andseems rather sticky slow.

Just before this used purchase I bought a new Nevegal, choosing 2.1 since my worn out existing 2.35 seemed slow (I will return it since I fell into this used tire opportunity). However, I am curious. The new Nevegal 2.1 seems narrower compared to other 2.1 tires I own. Did Kenda change widths (actual vs. what is labelled) sometime in the recent past? Admittedly, this was just an eyeball comparison. I did not mount each of them.

Thanks for any insights.
    WYATT

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004

Thanks for replying. My used Nevegal is a. 2.35 andseems rather sticky slow.

Just before this used purchase I bought a new Nevegal, choosing 2.1 since my worn out existing 2.35 seemed slow (I will return it since I fell into this used tire opportunity). However, I am curious. The new Nevegal 2.1 seems narrower compared to other 2.1 tires I own. Did Kenda change widths (actual vs. what is labelled) sometime in the recent past? Admittedly, this was just an eyeball comparison. I did not mount each of them.

Thanks for any insights
    Not sure what other 2.1's you own, but the Nev 2.1 I have measures up pretty well for a 2.1.

mtbr member
    Nev front and vert rear. I used this combo for a few years and worked great.