mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Nevegal, Excavator and Telonix Descriptions

I hope Kenda doesn't mind me posting this but this is an email from them describing the differences between three of their tires with similiar applications; The Telonix, The Excavator, and The Nevegal.

The Telonix will deliver the most braking and cornering grip of the 3 tires you mentioned. The only downside is it's a bit on the heavy side. If traction is what you need though the Telonix has it in folds. It's a sleeper in the Kenda line that gets overshadowed by the Nevegal.

The Excavator and the Nevegal both deliver similar performance when cornering and braking are concerned. The difference being:

Excavator - side knobs hook up early and often when cornering and deliver a "riding on rails feeling". This tire is not easy to drift into corners making it great until pushed past its limits. Eric Carter designed this tire to be sipped on certain Knobs so if your into cutting rubber then the sky is the limit with this tread.

Nevegal - the side knobs hook up consistently throughout most corners making this tire a more predictable drifter than the Excavator. When it breaks loose it tends to be a little easier to handle but it delivers a little less of the "riding on rails" kind of feeling. This tire has become a Legend for a reason though. It can definitely hold up to aggressive riding.

Chillin the Most
    Having ridden all 3 of those tires extensively, I have to say my favorite is the Telonix. Best d@mned tire in the Kenda lineup IMO.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    smithrider, thanks. This is very useful info...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Funny how those descriptions make no mention of what surface... Am I missing something here?

Lionel Hutz, Esq.
    Quote Originally Posted by RED5
    Having ridden all 3 of those tires extensively, I have to say my favorite is the Telonix. Best d@mned tire in the Kenda lineup IMO.
    We can't say "damned" on the forum? Oops. I guess we can....
    2007 Trek Fuel EX 8
    1999 Trek 7000 --- Dragonfly Green = Sexy
    2002 Trek 2100
    2008 Felt New Belgium Cruiser

Slow Patrol
    Oct 2005
    I agree that the Excavator has some pretty ridiculous grip for cornering. Don't know how it reacts when it breaks loose yet. I've not had the tire very long. I ride on SoCal hardpack (aka light brown "asphalt") with dusty/sandy loose over.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Good point. The description is for Colorado Rocky Mountain riding.

locked - time out

App chart

Quote Originally Posted by Pslide
    Funny how those descriptions make no mention of what surface... Am I missing something here?
    Hey Pslide,

You can find an application chart on our website:

http://kendausa.com/bicycle/appchart.html

Hope this helps!

TCK