mtbr member

Need some input please

Recently purchased my first set of tubeless rims (velocity blunts) they were used and have rubber on them. Specialized Purgatory 26x2.20.
    I plan on running these tires in the spring for a bit then i want to explore some other
    tubeless options. I had Panaracer XC firepros in the past and thought they were great
    but they are only avaliable in a 2.1. Can anyone suggest something similar to the panaracer in a tubeless 2.2? Live in PA rocks and roots are everywhere..
    Cant go 2.35 and dont want 2.1 any help is greatly appreciated.
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

mtbr member
    2.1 and 2.35 doesnt really mean anything. Theres 2.1 out there as big as some 2.35's, and 2.2's bigger and smaller than 2.1 and 2.35's.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pivot View Post
    2.1 and 2.35 doesnt really mean anything. Theres 2.1 out there as big as some 2.35's, and 2.2's bigger and smaller than 2.1 and 2.35's.
    Wow, thanks for the great anwser..and to think this whole time i actually thought those numbers were put there to determine the width...
    Anyone else??
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

mtbr member
    Well.. thats the truth. Unfortunately those numbers dont determine width. But yeah, being snarky when people try to help works too. Good luck with that.