Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Need some advice for a rear tire please ?

785 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DH.FR.0ne 
#1 · (Edited)
I am having a hard time choosing what brand of tire to run on the rear . I have looked at reviews , read up on the tires but I haven't had a chance to ride on different tires as I'm sure most of you have . I live out in NJ and do aggressive AM riding . The terrain I ride hard on is filled with over grown roots ,sharp rocks , tight uneven drops and some good amount of rock slates .. I need it more or less for climbs and bombing down keeping traction at the same time .:thumbsup:

Seems like the schwalbe hans dampf might work . I'm not familiar with any of the Maxxis or Kenda tires that can work as a rear for my terrain I ride . What do you guys think would be good for the rear?

#2 ·
Maxxis all the way

I bought a 2.35 single ply 60a Maxxis High Roller for the rear on my AM bike. Paired it with a 2.5 supertacky minion up front. Ive used alot of tyres over the years and have found nothing that compares to this Maxxis setup. I haven't had any issues, they work brilliantly anywhere in all weathers :thumbsup: Good strong sidewalls too- I ripped my continental tyre on a rocky downhill :madman:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.