Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010

No good My experience with Bicycle Wheel Warehouse was very POOR!

My experience with Bicycle Wheel Warehouse

So farÖ Awful. Hereís what happened.

May 6th : I placed the order of XM Wheelset. Received confirmation email on same day.
    May 9th: I called them to change my Wheel to trail wheelset. They were glad to change it for me.
    May 11th: Wheel was dispatched from their shop.
    May 16th: I called them to find out to have them track my package. (Theyíre in Huntington Beach and I live 20 miles away from them). He tracked the packgage he said it was never scanned when it left their warehouse. He said heíll call me back by 4 to let me know whether heíll build a new set or find out about the package. He never called me back.
    May 17th: I called them this morning to find out that a replacement wheelset was shipped out yesterday. THANKS FOR THE CALL!

I heard great things about these guys (their products). Customer service is very poor. They donít return your call or emails very often. They donít apologize for the delays and not returning my calls.
    I live 20 miles from them and itís ridiculous to go through this shipping disaster because they donít allow pickups from their warehouse. If youíre planning to order from them, be prepared for their poor service.
    Last edited by ericepark; 05-17-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Class Clown
    they are probably busy building wheels. boo-hoo

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Busy?

Quote Originally Posted by dundundata
    they are probably busy building wheels. boo-hoo
    busy? probably. Handling customers questions and orders should be part of their job too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

No good

Called these guy/s to inquire and order a set of wheels. Never got a call back. Ordered my hoops elsewhere.

They should edit their ad to say "Top of the line wheelsets at unbeatable prices but terrible customer service guaranteed"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericepark
    busy? probably. Handling customers questions and orders should be part of their job too.
    Really can't expect everything..especially since there prices are pretty good too. If you want good quality items and service then better go to a smaller vendor who charges a higher price. ( just note that it's not always true that the more expensive guy better).

Somethings got to give when a business is out to make money. It is disappointing that you never got a call back, but they did none the less solve the issue with just the lack of communication back to you. I'd be happy they didn't have you waiting some few weeks as they "resolved" the issue.

~Disc~Golf~
    Uhh, it's two guys and they do BUNCHES of wheels.
    AND!!!, He rebuilt your wheels and shipped them w/ out them receiving to originals back yet (likely) and you're bltching that they didn't call and tell you about it?

TO anyone else, My CS w/ them has been great
    Honestly... ahh I give up

AZ
    banned
    My experience with Bicycle Wheel Warehouse

So far… Awful. Here’s what happened.

May 6th : I placed the order of XM Wheelset. Received confirmation email on same day.
    May 9th: I called them to change my Wheel to trail wheelset. They were glad to change it for me.
    May 16th: I called them to find out to have them track my package. (They’re in Huntington Beach and I live 20 miles away from them). He tracked the packgage he said it was never scanned when it left their warehouse. He said he’ll call me back by 4 to let me know whether he’ll build a new set or find out about the package. He never called me back.
    May 17th: I called them this morning to find out that a replacement wheelset was shipped out yesterday. THANKS FOR THE CALL!

I heard great things about these guys (their products). Customer service is very poor. They don’t return your call or emails very often. They don’t apologize for the delays and not returning my calls.
    I live 20 miles from them and it’s ridiculous to go through this shipping disaster because they don’t allow pickups from their warehouse. If you’re planning to order from them, be prepared for their poor service.

Let us know how much you like the wheels. Consider yourself fortunate, you could have bought them from Orion.

transmitter~receiver
    am i understanding correctly that you posted this thread because they didn't call you back once?
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I wouldn't want you visiting my place of work either disturbing up stuff...
    www.mtbiker.ca

My Rides:
    FSR XC -R7 Platinum - SRAM X7 (26.5lbs)
    Cervelo SLC - SRAM Rival - Reynolds DV46T (16.25 lbs)

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sc_slite
    Called these guy/s to inquire and order a set of wheels. Never got a call back. Ordered my hoops elsewhere.

They should edit their ad to say "Top of the line wheelsets at unbeatable prices but terrible customer service guaranteed"

I knew I wasn't the only one getting POOR service from BWW. Look, for those of you guys who received good service from them, you guys are lucky.

These wheels may seem cheap/affordable to some of you, but I had to save up some cash to buy these.

And YES I am b!itchln about an important phone they promised to call me about. You'd be b!tchlnin and moaning too if it was your wheelset they $&^%ed up.

AZ
    banned
    I knew I wasn't the only one getting POOR service from BWW. Look, for those of you guys who received good service from them, you guys are lucky.

These wheels may seem cheap/affordable to some of you, but I had to save up some cash to buy these.

And YES I am b!itchln about an important phone they promised to call me about. You'd be b!tchlnin and moaning too if it was your wheelset they $&^%ed up.

Did they $&^% it up?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll
    Uhh, it's two guys and they do BUNCHES of wheels.
    AND!!!, He rebuilt your wheels and shipped them w/ out them receiving to originals back yet (likely) and you're bltching that they didn't call and tell you about it?

TO anyone else, My CS w/ them has been great
    mine was great too. they went out of their way to deal with a defective xt hub that locked up on me..built and sent a new wheel/hub right away. great wheels

A wheelist
    Let's cut to the meat and 'taters of your complaint -

Nothing wrong there eh?

Ditto my comment above.

May 16th: I called them to find out to have them track my package. He said he’ll call me back by 4. He never called me back.
    Ok, one call not returned.

May 17th: I called them this morning. THANKS FOR THE CALL!
    They don’t return your call or emails very often. They don’t apologize for the delays and not returning my calls.........be prepared for their poor service.
    OMG you POOR SOD!!! You've been treated disgustingly! I mean one missed call! Someone had better shut those b@$t@rd$ down PDQ before they screw one more customer. In the immortal words from The Holy Grail by M. Python - "Run awaaaaaaay".
    Mike The Bike's home wheelbuilding info - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder information and motivation.

mnoutain bkie rdier

Give. Up. Now.

Haha..this sounds familiar. I tried to explain why communication is important in another thread.

Most people didn't seem to think communication is all that important, as you will eventually get your product some day..

You will get little sympathy 'round these parts..

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rydbyk
    Haha..this sounds familiar. I tried to explain why communication is important in another thread.

Most people didn't seem to think communication is all that important, as you will eventually get your product some day..

I'm glad there's at least some people who understand the importance of communication in customer service. I've been in retail for 10 years and know all about it.

The point of this thread is to let others know the level of customer service BWW is giving.
    I agree, most people had positive experience with BWW. I am so happy for you! Anyone planning to purchase from them in the future, should also know about my negative experience as well.

Hey Mike T, you don't think calling a customer back is not a big deal? You make me laugh.

Some people are just can't understand what 1 negative customer's experience can do to their business.

Anyone planning to purchase form BWW should already know they make great wheels at decent price. But they should also know the lack of customer service they offer as well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    One phone call is all it takes for you to call for a boycott?
    you'd think they banged your sister and mother at easter dinner the way you're going off.

Class Clown
    take a chill pill

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    It actually sounds like you are getting pretty good service. They made a mistake, and fixed it.

Pull your skirt up and get over it!!

A wheelist
    Actually Erice, as jonshonda says, you are getting good service. Can you imagine how busy BWW is and how many calls and e-mails they have to deal with in a day? I know it's normal to think that we are the only person in their lives; the only one who matters but they might be juggling 10-100 people and you don't know this. The naive could say "Then why don't they hire an extra person?" but it's not always that easy is it.

You would have flipped your lid over my recent interaction with a top-rated headset company. They were going to send me three spacers and it took three phonecalls from me as nothing arrived (over a period of two months) from my first two calls. On the last call I asked them if they were jerking me around and the CS fella said that he deals with hundreds of orders in a week and it was impossible to call me back about three tiny spacers being on backorder.

When he put it into that kind of perspective then I understood that my set of three metal rings was insignificant in this world. The spacers arrived yesterday - free gratis.

So cheer up Erice and just imagine what it's like at BWW's end with all the balls they have up in the air at any one time. They fill a niche in the market (great wheels at bargain prices) and they don't pretend to be something they're not. They are a great company and a great pair of guys. I know; I've had multiple wheelsets from them. Go over to their own forum and join in the fun.
    Mike The Bike's home wheelbuilding info - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder information and motivation.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda
    It actually sounds like you are getting pretty good service. They made a mistake, and fixed it.

Pull your skirt up and get over it!!
    My sentiments exactly. They missed one call but they built another wheelset on the spot and shipped it out! ...and he's still upset? What a prima donna - does he expect a glass of champaign and an apology note attached to an equisite piece of Godiva chocolate? It's just a couple of wheelbuilders that do good quality work at great prices. He should try ordering wheels from universalcycles. Now that's a nightmare.

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by rydbyk

great example.
    maybe he can threaten the BWW guys and get banned too?
    most people seem to have a healthy sense of understanding reality and priorities. they missed a single call-back after they had already gone above and beyond to solve an issue that it looks like wasn't their fault.
    why you people think blasting companies publicly for what a stable person would see as a very minor issue is beyond me.
    you guys should probably go riding together... peas in a pod and all that.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather
    great example.
    maybe he can threaten the BWW guys and get banned too?
    most people seem to have a healthy sense of understanding reality and priorities. they missed a single call-back after they had already gone above and beyond to solve an issue that it looks like wasn't their fault.
    why you people think blasting companies publicly for what a stable person would see as a very minor issue is beyond me.
    you guys should probably go riding together... peas in a pod and all that.

Not above and beyond in a way shape or form...

Just standard procedure...

I would not have been too bothered.....but getting a bad hub like some other guy above that would have pissed me off...

So feels like standard low quality customer service to me.

But then hey that is all you know so good on you.

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott

I would not have been too bothered.....but getting a bad hub like some other guy above that would have pissed me off...

i thought it was a shipping mistake and they sent out a replacement wheelset no questions asked.
    how is a bad shimano hub BWW's fault?
    haha! clever!... wait... what? oh i get... no... huh?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather
    i thought it was a shipping mistake and they sent out a replacement wheelset no questions asked.
    how is a bad shimano hub BWW's fault?

haha! clever!... wait... what? oh i get... no... huh?

BWW passes through all warranties and quality issues..yes they replaced the hub but the didn't catch the problem on before it went out the door...

That would piss me off...

mtbr member
    May 2011

I have a similar experience with these fellas. I called BWW three times and never got a call back. Sent 2 emails about a wheelset, no reply.

After a week of waiting, I gave my business to Colorado Cyclist. They were awesome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast