Thread: Maxxis Mobster

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!

Maxxis Mobster

OK, Everybody seems to like the Maxxis Minion and High Roller, but how about the Mobster?

Just what is its forte? Is it good for the rear or for the front? Is it good for 4X?

Thanks!
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

not so super...
    it's a great cornering tire that rolls a bit slow. I found it better in loose, loamy soil. It has been discontinued AFIK.
    Nothing to see here.

just along for the ride
    Like all the older maxxis tires they are undersized but really great cornering tires. I have the mobster 2.35 60D and it wears real slow but really digs in the loose over hardpack. I have the DH version so its heavy but very nicce over 20 mph when the weight really smooths out the rides. Never usedt hem on the back cause they are not good rollers at all, but they sure hook up on the front at about 22 psi. They should be real nice for 4X shop round some leftovers might be found.Also avoid the soft version they are well know to throw knobbies.

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown_Teeth
    .Also avoid the soft version they are well know to throw knobbies.
    I had more issues with the 42a Super Tacky as far as wear-n-tear goes than I did with the 40a Slow Reezay version.
    Nothing to see here.

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    OK, best used as a front tire. Avoid slow reezay and super tacky versions. I saw a lot of Mobster 2.35s but in folding bead, I think those will be my 4X tires, if I can't find a 2.3 Gazzaloddi dual with the 3-2 knob configuration.

SSINGA, I think they still make the Mobster.
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

Rip
    Broken
    Just check maxxis' online store they're discontinued.
    À tout le monde. À tous mes amis. Je vous aime. Je dois partir.
    These are the last words I'll ever speak And they'll set me free