mtbr member

Maxxis High Roller II - warranty issue?

I got this tire about two months ago, literally have ridden the bike 5 times with the tire on it. It has zero wear on the tread. Its the 2.4 two ply/ DH version 60 A. This is the worst of the separations, but there are numerous others on both sidewalls. Mounted on a MTX 31, with DH tubes, 30 psi. Should I bother with a warranty claim?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

T.W.O.
    It couldn't hurt, give them a call send the pic see what they say.

mtbr member
    It looks like it may be a cosmetic issue from the picture, but I can't say that I've ever seen anything like it before.

Please call the warranty department at (866) 509-7067
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    I had a bubble appear on the my Maxxis High Roller and just threw the tire away. I have not had good luck with High Roller's and durability.

mtbr member
    Issue resolved.
    Last edited by craigstr; 11-23-2011 at 06:55 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Well, filled out the warranty request on the website, got a response quickly to call the warranty dept, called twice last week and left a message, so far nobody has called me back.
    Sending PM
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

mtbr member

Update to this thread

After I posted here I got both an PM from the Maxxis guy on here and a follow up email from the warranty dept from the claim I filled out on the website. They sent out a UPS tag and the tire was picked up on Dec 7., I figured with the holidays and stuff I wouldnt hear back from them until the beginning of the year. I have sent both Mandie and email and the other guy a PM and have heard nothing. So now they have the tire and I cant get a hold of them. I dont think this is the way a customer is supposed to be treated. I've been running Maxxis tires on both my trail and freeride bikes. I'd have to say after this I will be looking at some different tires this year.

mtbr member
    I apologize for not responding to your PM yesterday; I was out of the office. Your tire has been inspected (the defect was cosmetic) but a new replacement tire will be issued. I'll have the Warranty Dept. contact you on Monday.

mtbr member
    To follow up, I finally received a new tire. My last email with the warranty rep said she was waiting on a report so she could issue the final result. I never heard anything else from her but yesterday there was a new tire on my doorstep. Kudos to Maxxis, your protocol might need a little work but in the end you took care of a customer with a valid claim.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Alls well that Ends well... I know its frustrating sometimes, As I can be Impatient esp when I want to ride too.... I also run Maxxis tires and will contnue to do so Ignitors... Now if I could only pick up a sponsorship Like Dunlop does for my MX tires i would be in good shape... Sure could use a MTB over here in Afghanistan.. HAHAH Our FOB has some Killer Climbs... I ll post some pics up another day

Sgt. Joe Pateman III