Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AndyN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,118

    Maxxis Ardent 2.4 vs. Minion DHF 2.5 EXO

    How do these tires compare volume wise?

    I'm pretty set on using the DHF up front, and am looking for something that rolls faster for the rear, preferably with the EXO casing which apparently the 2.4 Ardent has.

    Thx

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bholwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,100
    I believe the Ardent 2.4 has a slightly larger casing than the DHF 2.5. Overall the tires are close in size. I think you'll be happy with the DHF front/ Ardent rear combo.
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AndyN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,118
    Quote Originally Posted by bholwell
    I believe the Ardent 2.4 has a slightly larger casing than the DHF 2.5. Overall the tires are close in size. I think you'll be happy with the DHF front/ Ardent rear combo.
    Thanks.

    Another question, does the 2.25 Ardent have the EXO casing? And while I'm asking which other Maxxis tires have the EXO casing?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bholwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,100

    Maxxis Exo-Protection Tires

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyN
    Another question, does the 2.25 Ardent have the EXO casing? And while I'm asking which other Maxxis tires have the EXO casing?
    There is a version of the 2.25 Ardent with Exo-Protection. It's also available with a regular 60 tpi casing.

    The full list of Exo tires to date
    :
    Ardent 26x2.4 single ply
    Minion DHF 26x2.5 single ply
    Minion DHF 26x2.5 3C single ply
    ADvantage 26x2.4
    Ignitor 26x2.35
    Ardent 26x2.25
    Ikon 26x2.2
    CrossMark 26x2.1

    Ardent 29x2.4
    Ikon 29x2.2
    Ignitor 29x2.1
    Last edited by bholwell; 09-11-2010 at 08:13 AM.
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AndyN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,118
    Just the info I needed.

    Thanks again.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTscoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,150
    Does anyone know whether Maxxis will release a 26x2.25 Crossmark with the EXO casing?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2
    What is the weight of the Ignitor 29 x 2.1 EXO?

    thanks

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bholwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,100
    Quote Originally Posted by GTscoob
    Does anyone know whether Maxxis will release a 26x2.25 Crossmark with the EXO casing?
    No immediate plans, but check out the Ikon 26x2.2 w/ Exo
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bholwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,100
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallus
    What is the weight of the Ignitor 29 x 2.1 EXO?

    thanks
    590g, advertised.
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •