Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Maxxis Advantage vs Continental X-King, Rubber Queen / Trail King

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mtnbiker64 
#1 ·
Anyone has experience with all of the three following tires (I am running with tubes)?

1) Maxxis Advantage 2.1 XC (Exception Series)
2) Continental X-King 2.2 Racesport
3) Continental Rubber Queen / Trail King 2.2 (Black Chili)

I am riding on XC singletrack, mainly hardpacked with roots, rocks and some loose area, in a tropical country where we get moderate rainfall throughout the year. I am not concern about wear rate and cost. I am more particular with weight, rolling resistance (I am not a strong rider) and grip.

I am currently using the Maxxis Advantage 2.1 XC front and rear. Well, I find that setup is generally ok, but I don't really like the feeling of requiring to lean quite a bit to get traction (not very condfidence inspiring when riding along narrow ridgelines). So I am thinking of trying out Continental Rubber Queen / Trail King 2.2 front and X-King Racesport rear.

Is it going to be worst?

I have ruled out Schwalbe tires because I guess their Pacestar compound is not that good in wet conditions.

Any comments?

See less See more
#2 ·
Maxxis Advantage vs Conti Trail King

I just switched to a Conti Trail King 2.2 with the Black Chili compound with Apex sidewalls. I'm only running it on the rear. I ride mostly in Pennsylvania and found it to have great traction on the rocks and roots. Rolls and brakes pretty good. It's a big volume tire so you may have to experiment with tire pressure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.