mtbr member
    Oct 2008

mavic xm 819 and kenda nevegal 2.35 with tube

hello guys I want to mount the Kenda Nevegal 2,35 on Mavic 819xm with tube. is it possible or it is too difficult ( I know that the recommended max tyre-width for this rim is 2.3 tubeless)? Thanks to all

banned
    Yeah, it will fit.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Yeah, it will fit.
    Did you try?

banned
    No, of course I didn't.

The 819 and the 2.35 nevegal are a common combination. Furthermore, the 819 is a slightly wider AM rim, though not as wide as the 5.1. So why wouldn't it work? A slightly wider rim for a slightly wider tire. Hell, there are people putting the Nev 2.35 on narrower rims.

...and yes, my gf's bike has 819's on them and she has used Nevegals and has and still does use tubes. So I don't know why the skepticism. It's a common combo.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    No, of course I didn't.

The 819 and the 2.35 nevegal are a common combination. Furthermore, the 819 is a slightly wider AM rim, though not as wide as the 5.1. So why wouldn't it work? A slightly wider rim for a slightly wider tire. Hell, there are people putting the Nev 2.35 on narrower rims.

...and yes, my gf's bike has 819's on them and she has used Nevegals and has and still does use tubes. So I don't know why the skepticism. It's a common combo.
    I'm not skeptical but I have never tried the xm 819 and I would be sure that they would work with that type of tyre before I buy that kind of rim

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by giorgiocat
    I'm not skeptical but I have never tried the xm 819 and I would be sure that they would work with that type of tyre before I buy that kind of rim
    Why would you buy that rim if you want to use tires with tubes?

Anyhow they fit just fine. I've run 2.4 Spechy Enduro Pro's on my 819's and those tires dwarf the 2.35 Nevegal.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I've had the 2.35 Nev DTC on my mavic XM719's for a couple of years now with no problems.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Why would you buy that rim if you want to use tires with tubes?

Anyhow they fit just fine. I've run 2.4 Spechy Enduro Pro's on my 819's and those tires dwarf the 2.35 Nevegal.
    I already own xm317 rims with kenda nev 2.35 with tube and I would like to upgrade these rims with xm 819 to have the possibility to mount ust tyres

Perpetual Hack
    2.35 Neves on 819's? No problems.

2.4 Big Betty or 2.4 Mountain King work fit and work fine as well.

m

mtbr member
    hello guys I want to mount the Kenda Nevegal 2,35 on Mavic 819xm with tube. is it possible or it is too difficult ( I know that the recommended max tyre-width for this rim is 2.3 tubeless)? Thanks to all
    I ran that set up for close to a year and eventually removed the tube and added some stans. Tubeless is the way to go. Ran the Nevegal with Stans for close to year before removing it to try another tire. Worked great.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    I already own xm317 rims with kenda nev 2.35 with tube and I would like to upgrade these rims with xm 819 to have the possibility to mount ust tyres
    It is harder to mount tires on the 317 than it is on the 819.

IME Neve 2.35s do not handle well unless on a rim at least 3-4mm wider than the 819, though.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common