jlh
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Mavic XD free hub for XX1

Hello all,

I'm considering upgrading my drive train to the SRAM XX1 that requires a special hub. My wheels are the crossmax SLR (i think from 2007 or 2008). According to the description for the Mavic XD free hub: Mavic XX1 Free Hub Body: This new free hub body can be easily installed on all Crossmax and Deemax wheels (2012 and after) to convert them to the new XD standard by Sram, making the wheel compatible with the XX1 drivetrain. However, I called the LBS mechanic and he said it should fit earlier models. Just wondering if anyone knows the correct answer and if I'll I have to buy a new wheelset.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hey John,
    I saw your message and wanted to help you out. I've been a long time Mavic athlete and ive been working with them to answer questions like this for fellow riders. The XD free hub body is compatible with all wheels using a ITS-4 driver. Your local Mavic dealer will be able to identify it for you and they can let you know if it will work.

Hope that info helps!

Jeff

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Jlh, what's finally happens? Is this freehub compatible with crossmax SLR '08?
    Because I've ordered it yesterday)))

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I had a 09 Crossmax SX and to be able to use the XD free hub I had first to convert my rear hub into a '12 hub with this kit Mavic ITS-4 Freewheel Body Retrofit Kit > Components > Wheel Goods > Freehub Bodies | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    thanx for quick answer!
    as specified at Jenson shop:
    Fits 09 Crossline, 09/10 Crossmax SX (grey), 09 Deetrack 135mm, and 09 Deemax 135mm wheel sets...
    Any info on 08-09 SLR's?
    two kits for more than 200 bucks, think shift to SRAM Rise 60..(

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Pinarello,
    If the wheels have ITS-4 which is an aluminum (bright silver) body you can just put on the new cassette body. As far as the retrofit kit for older hubs, I didn't know it existed. I'm curious to hear how it works out.

Jeff

jlh
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pinarello View Post
    Jlh, what's finally happens? Is this freehub compatible with crossmax SLR '08?
    Because I've ordered it yesterday)))
    No one seemed to really "know" the correct answer about the 08' SLR...even the LBS I talked to had no clue. Rather than mess around with it only to realize later that it isn't compatible, I just bought a new wheelset. I picked up a pair of Stan's ZTR crest, which are the most reasonably priced given the weight. I bought the XX1 free hub and converted it over myself. I've been riding it for 6 months and been pretty happy with them. Unfortunately, I have an extra pair of crossmax wheels lying around now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    okay) get rise60, xx1 on scott scale sl frame with SID XX fork.. weight = 7,6 kg, I'm happy)