mtbr member
    Jul 2009

mavic deetraks 10mm through bolt for rear

can the mavic deetraks rear hub be converted to 10mm bolted axle similar to that of which can be done to halo spin doctors and hope pro2's as i like the look of them ect ect

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/...query=deetraks

as i want to use them in a horizontal dropout on a jump bike and i dont want it to slip foreward as if i used a qr skewer

i have found that there is a saint axle however i will be running ss so there is no need for the dreaileur

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=17039

any ideas ??

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

mavic crossland 10mm bolt option ?

similar question but for the older mavic crossland wheelset (hub has same logo) - any option to have a 10mm bolt instead of the QR ?

☠☠☠
    May 2008
    If the hub will accept it.

hadley 10mm bolt on axle is a better option than the saint axle.
    http://www.balleracing.com/Hadley/Hadley10mmAxle.htm

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Smile result

hey guys i contacted mavic and i ordered the conversion kit it should be coming this week you just need to special order it from a mavic dealer cos they stock it

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by spud_lord
    hey guys i contacted mavic and i ordered the conversion kit it should be coming this week you just need to special order it from a mavic dealer cos they stock it
    What contact info for mavic did you use ?
    I looked around their website and couldn't find any contact... wondering if there is a conversion kit for the crossland wheelset.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    well i work for evans cycles and i got their trade number which i cant give out sorry but if you come to one of our stores midweek you could get them to contact them and check for it thats what i did but i rang and i cant rly check atm too many things on my plate and im not sure which hub the crossland uses but thars an xc wheel so why do u need 10mm bolt unless you are using horizontal dropouts but if its for security why dont you use a locking qr kit

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by spud_lord
    ....not sure which hub the crossland uses but thars an xc wheel so why do u need 10mm bolt
    Just hoping it will stiffen the rear triangle and prevent it from cracking (Iron Horse MKIII tend to have this issue apparently)

mtbr member
    Deetraks come as a 135mm 12mm through axle, and are supplied with 9mm QR adapters and QR also.

To run the 10mm through axle, you need the Mavic 10mm ITS-4 Hub Reducers - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=40569

Just pop the 9mm adapters out, and pop the 10mm reducers in - good to go.

The other option is the 10mm bolt=on conversion - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=39678

I have a shiny new Deetraks rear wheel in my kitchen, having spent all week trying to figure out exaclty what you're asking. My adapters shipped yesterday. Roll on the weekend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adumesny
    similar question but for the older mavic crossland wheelset (hub has same logo) - any option to have a 10mm bolt instead of the QR ?

The two conversion kits work with Mavic ITS-4 rear hubs - I don't know if the Crossland models are ITS-4, I don't think so - ITS-4 was a 2009/2010 thing

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

2008 DeeTraks

So I just picked up a set of these super cheap for my Socom. I was told they were 135mm and assumed they were10mm on QR.. I was wrong and now I'm confused.

Previously I was running Transition Revelotions 10x135 with the intense axle reducers (socom dropouts are 12x135).

Will that 10mm bolt on conversion work for the 2008 DeeTraks? Then I think I can use my axle reducers.. Better yet I wonder if Mavic makes a 12mmx135 axle conversion kit for the 08 DeeTraks?

Can anyone help me out here??

mtbr member
    I don't think it will- the converters are specifically for the ITS-4 series hubs, the older Deetraks aren't ITS-4.