mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Mavic Crossrides Vs. Mavic XM317 W/Deore 525 hubs

Hey guys, I just got the Crossrides dirt cheap($50) and was wondering if they are better wheels than the stock wheelset that's on my Jamis Dakar XAM 2.0. I think they should be able to handle an AM bike. My guess is that the Crossrides are superior, especially the hubs, what do you guys think?

Thanks
    Last edited by jamisguy; 04-29-2007 at 04:15 PM.
    07 Jamis Dakar XAM 2.0
    07 Fuji Tahoe Pro

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Crossrides are much better!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jamisguy
    Hey guys, I just got the Crossrides dirt cheap($50) and was wondering if they are better wheels than the stock wheelset that's on my Jamis Dakar XAM 2.0. I think they should be able to handle an AM bike. My guess is that the Crossrides are superior, especially the hubs, what do you guys think?

Thanks
    Crossrides are junk!!! I'll give you a 100 for them!!! where the hell did you get'em that cheap???!! I'm looking for a set!

mtbr member

Not exactly what you asked...

BUT, I can give you my perspective on MAVIC factory wheels. I bought a set of crossland (nondisc) in 1997... way back when they only had two factory MTB wheelsets: crossland (low-end) and cross max (high end).. Same hubs....

Long story short, I rode them for like 6-7 years and NEVER tured them, except for when I bent a spoke on a rock. Excellent ROI.

At the same time, I had a friend who had the Xmax (same generation). He broke a bunch of them (rears).... mostly due to his size riding style.

I'd buy another set of MAVIC factory wheels if they are as good as my crosslands, which I think are on par with crossride...

my 3C.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kokoAzuela
    Crossrides are junk!!! I'll give you a 100 for them!!! where the hell did you get'em that cheap???!! I'm looking for a set!
    I'm just about to come to that conclusion. I must have been INSANE to even think about replacing the wheels on my Dakar. I just threw them on my beater rec. mountain bike. They are hopping all over the place, they obviously need to be trued. Let me see how they hold up, if not, there yours.
    07 Jamis Dakar XAM 2.0
    07 Fuji Tahoe Pro