mtbr member

Mavic Crossmax/UST Fire XC Pro Burp/Pressure loss issue

I've been running Mavic Crossmax w/ UST Fire XC Pro tires & Stan's for the last 6-8 months with no issues ever. I run both tires right around 29-30psi. Today I'm running a x-country race at Estrella in AZ (very rocky) and somehow with about 4 miles left I rolled the rear tire on a downhill tech section and it burped out about 2/3 of my tire pressure. I though I was flat at first, but was actually able to baby it around the corners and finish the race. Is this just a freak thing, has anybody experienced this before? Or is this just the price you might pay for running lower pressure? Thanks for any feedback.

Former Bike Wrench
    It can happen, I once burped a Michelin UST tire on CrossRoc's. I ran those tires for almost a year and it only happened once...just a perfect storm I guess.

mtbr member
    it can happen - a buddy of mine rolled a ust tire off a ust rim on geronimo at SoMo last year. his pressure was a bit lower than usual for him but nothing crazy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size
    it can happen - a buddy of mine rolled a ust tire off a ust rim on geronimo at SoMo last year. his pressure was a bit lower than usual for him but nothing crazy.
    Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it and see what happens. I thought UST rims with a UST tire and Stan's were near bullet proof (as long as you have at least 28PSI or more).

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by azokie
    Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it and see what happens. I thought UST rims with a UST tire and Stan's were near bullet proof (as long as you have at least 28PSI or more).
    Key word...NEAR