mtbr member
    May 2008

Mavic Crossmax Enduro

I am comtemplating a change of wheelset to the Mavic Crossmax Enduro and would hence like to ask if any kind souls here know the number of engagements the rear hub has?

Many thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Crossmax Enduro Disc ('05 or '06) - 18 points of engagements.

mtbr member

Save some Money

Mavic free hubs are junk and the enduro wheels are flexy. Go with a DT swiss 4.1 or 5.1 and Hope Pro 2 hubs or King hubs and use stan's strips if you want to run tubeless tires, you will get a better hub and a stiffer wheel. I got my DT 5.1 w/Pro2 hubs with DT double butted stainless spokes for $480 from Universal Cycles. I'm guessing $600-$800 for the Mavics? I have had nothing but problems with the Mavic hubs I've owned.

mtbr member
    May 2005

mavic

ive had the mavic crossmax enduro wheels for about 3 years and used them heavily.. the rims and spokes held up really well but i also found the freewheel in the hub to be the weak point... it has a nylon type bushing instead of the bearing and wears out which causes alot of play in the cassette... then the chain will skip around on the cassette.. they recomend taking apart the freehub for service which is easy to do but even after servicing it regularly i still had to buy a new freewheel...