mtbr member
    May 2009

Maddux Explorer Disc T2 Wheelset any ever used?

Seems only to be sold from price point and it is on sale for 160. its pretty light weight and for 160 thats pretty good. cant find any reviews or anything about this wheel set. Any one have any exp. with these?

Former Bike Wrench
    This question has been asked in the 29er forum and there have been a couple reviews...so you might want to use the search function there.

To me...24 spokes, 2x, on 29er wheels would be concerning...but I'm 220lbs.

I've been running basically the same build as the $150 WTB Speed Disc 29er wheelset for a year and they have been solid, reliable, and easy to convert to tubeless. But of course not light.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    This question has been asked in the 29er forum and there have been a couple reviews...so you might want to use the search function there.

To me...24 spokes, 2x, on 29er wheels would be concerning...but I'm 220lbs.

I've been running basically the same build as the $150 WTB Speed Disc 29er wheelset for a year and they have been solid, reliable, and easy to convert to tubeless. But of course not light.
    i was looking at the 26er version of this not the 29er and wanted to ask if any one has exp with the 26 version.

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaqforever247
    i was looking at the 26er version of this not the 29er and wanted to ask if any one has exp with the 26 version.
    Gotcha...still a wheelset, especially handbuilt, using standard parts is always a good way to go. BWW has some near the same price that are handbuilt and still a reasonable weight like this one