Crazed Country Rebel

Love/Hate Bronson TCS

When they're brand new, they work well.

But they wear super quick and the side knobs tear off.

They dont hold air very well when set up tubeless, and the torn off knobs leak fluid.

Anyone else have these problems? Wondering if I should warranty them.
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member
    No mine lasted 4 months doing about 40 miles a week. Same things missing knobs leaking. But worked great for the fist two months.

mtbr member
    I haven't had any problems with my Bronson's.
    They hold air great and the knobs haven't been torn up.
    I run 2.3 TCS

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I ran one on the front for about 3 or 4 months.
    Had the same experience, side knobs tore just enough to have a bit of sealant leak, center knobs wore down pretty fast.
    Previous tire was a Weirwolf which i got maybe 9 months out of.
    I have since gone back to the Weir, about 100g heavier, but grippy-er and longer lasting, in my opinion.

mtbr member
    What should the be direction of the Bronsons when it is placed in the rear wheel? same if it was for the front?
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I run the Bronson Race tires (not TCS), 29x2.2. I set them up tubeless on Mavic TN719 rims using Stan's tape and sealant. They fit very loose on those rims, so it was hard to get the beads to seat (and neither the tires nor rims are designed to be tubeless). Once set up they have worked well. No unusual wear or torn knobs, even in very rocky terrain. I did cut a sidewall on a sharp rock, but that would probably happen with any tire.

I think they provide a good combo of fairly light weight, not too slow rolling, and good grip in pretty much all conditions.

b a n n e d
    Man, I just mounted one of these up! I hope its not a "short-lived" tire . . . . time will tell!
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I had them. Loved them until 2 separate tires got tears 2 separate time in different trails.
    Tires were under 15 miles. Ran tubeless.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by sirridealot View Post
    I had them. Loved them until 2 separate tires got tears 2 separate time in different trails.
    Tires were under 15 miles. Ran tubeless.
    Which were these? The side walls on these seem pretty thick. I've got the 2012 AM TCS with "inner peace" or whatever.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    Which were these? The side walls on these seem pretty thick. I've got the 2012 AM TCS with "inner peace" or whatever.

WTB Bronson AM TCS.
    I wouldnt worry. Could have been bad luck for me.

I have heard a bunch of guys rip up Specialized tires and I have never had issues with any of them.

I really think its luck of the draw, what you run over and how awful or hard you ride that can kill a tire.

They were really nice in all EC conditions.

mtbr member
    I have a Bronson 2.3 TCS on the front of my hardtail, and it's been great. It mounted/beaded easily with a floor pump (tubeless on a Mavic 819), it has good traction, and so far (300km / six weeks) it's been wearing well and has not lost much pressure between rides.

My first ride I was having way too much fun with it, and slashed the sidewall of my rear non-tubeless (but mounted tubeless) Wolverine 2.2. Since then, I've used the Bronson on many rides and two enduro races with no issues. I have more info and impressions on my blog.
    Dave
    Blog / Strava

Rub it............
    I rode these last week. Did not like them at all. For me, they did not promote any type of confidence during aggressive turns.

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc View Post
    I rode these last week. Did not like them at all. For me, they did not promote any type of confidence during aggressive turns.
    I ended up replacing the Bronson TCS with a Bronson Race in the front and a Mutano Race in the rear. I really dont see the benefit of TCS. it's almost 200 grams heavier, wears out quicker, tears knobs, doesnt hold air any better and costs $20 more per tire.
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong