mtbr member

Loss of clamping force on my 15mm TA QR?

I have a Rock Shox Reba RL with 15mm TA. Starting yesterday it seems like I've loss most of the clamping force in the QR. How could that happen? Previously when I put the wheel in the dropouts, I would turn and tighten the TA until it was just snug, then I would clamp the QR down closed and I could feel it provide some good clamping force. It felt like about the same clamping force as a traditional 9mm QR. But when putting the wheel on yesterday I used the same procedure but the QR didn't seem to provide much clamp force at all. Even if I turn and tighten the TA hard, I still don't get much more force out of clamping the QR. I can still spin the QR on the axle when it is in the closed position, I couldn't do that before.
    First thing I thought of was the TA conversion hub caps, but they all seem fine. The hub is Specialized Roval Control SL, TA is Rock Shox that came with the bike/fork.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    There is a small Allen bolt inside the QR end of the axle, accessible through the opening at the end of the axle. Clamp the axle in the fork and then tighten that small bolt. I think it's a 1.5mm or 2mm. Can't remember. Anyway, that's your solution.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mnigro View Post
    There is a small Allen bolt inside the QR end of the axle, accessible through the opening at the end of the axle. Clamp the axle in the fork and then tighten that small bolt. I think it's a 1.5mm or 2mm. Can't remember. Anyway, that's your solution.
    Thank you! All fixed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Happy to help. I forgot to mention that it should be just loose enough to allow you to rotate the clamp to your ideal position after its been closed.